magnetic hook boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexR

hi everybody, anybody use a magnetic hook box, if so what do u think??? my hook always fall out of packets in my box.
and a question on them
how come the pen thing only takes out one hook and not a bunch.
thanks.

;)

Larry

Lazarus
yeh iv'e got one it's double sided i think it's great especially for me because i'm a clumsy angler &alway' sdrop or knock something over

Cheer's Larry

Larry

Lazarus
Sorry only answered half you question heres the other halfthe pen thing has a point on one end &alittle magnet on the other ,you separate hooks with pointed end then pick up hook you want with magnetic end

Cheer's Larry

MALC

Alex got 2 double sided ones and had them for about 5 years.
1 is used for normal general hooks and one is used for stronger carp type hooks.
They fit perfectly in the cross draw in my box and are easy to get at at all times, and you can see at a glance if your running low on any certain patterns or sizes.
If you place a grain of dry rice in each section you will also find that if they get wet the hooks do not rust as the rice soaks up the water.
Another good thing about them is that the hooks do not rattle about so they don't get damaged/blunted which they do if kept in the packets or boxes that you buy them in.
Also if you leave them on the bait waiter they wont blow away like the packets do.
They are one of the best extra bits of kit you can get in my opinion they are a must have and not an extra.

Malc

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one Malc,
Can't really add anything to that,nice tip the grain of rice,alternativly you could put one of the little packets of silica gel in one of the sections(they are those little packets that look like salt you find in some electrical goods)
Peter. thumbsup.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
100% agreement, 1 of the most important bits (to me) in my kit and shop around Alex, picked up 2 at the Newark tackle sale in December, 44 compartments 5 each.

Ziptrev your resident alcoholic2.gif

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
I would be lost without mine,like Malc i have a couple one for general fishing and the other for carp hooks.

Larry

Lazarus
Good idea the grain of rice i'll go'in do it right away.

Cheer's Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.