maggots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowder

Are mint! just thought id say that, they are highly under estimated, i never leave home without them and have never blanked on them, just wondering if everybody shares this opinion? on quite a few vens i fish maggot regularly outfishes pellet, only this morning i was outcatching some people match fishing, they blanked and i caught on maggot. just remember!

perksy2007

Perksy
same as me mate i always take maggots to a match even if it is only half a pint, and another thing not any maggots i always use red. Works for me!!!!

CaRp Kidd

Speedy
i dont really like maggots the draw little fish most of the time into your swim

would always take them if i want to catch small fish though

kendall17

but maggots can catch most fish carp kidd, i love to use maggots i think they're the greatest bait ever and never been to a venue without them!

crowder

i mean obviously you couldnt string together a 100lb bag, but if the carp arent on the pellets/paste, you cant go wrong with maggots.

perksy2007

Perksy
my mate who is sponsored by SBS uses maggots all the time to catch huge carp! Wacks them in his spod mix and uses the as a hook bait (maggot clip) and he has had 25lb+ carp on maggots. "Brilliant bait"

CaRp Kidd

Speedy
Originally posted by kendall17

but maggots can catch most fish carp kidd, i love to use maggots i think they're the greatest bait ever and never been to a venue without them!

Yes you are completley right maggots catch alot of fish

ALOT OF FISH

so there would be loads and loads of diffrent species in your swim
witch then means you have not got one particular target

where as boilies you can only catch a couple on them

i am not saying maggot and a good bait i think they are a secondary bai if stuff is not going your way and you want to go home with a few catches

slf

NUFC
i always take maggots because if its fishing hard and all else fails they will work

phil-k

Yes I must agree with this one that you can't go wrong with the humble maggot.[:)][:)][:)][:)]
Fish can be hard to catch on other baits at times but they will always take a maggot IMO[;)]

kendall17

Originally posted by CaRp Kidd

Originally posted by kendall17

Yes you are completley right maggots catch alot of fish

ALOT OF FISH

so there would be loads and loads of diffrent species in your swim
witch then means you have not got one particular target

where as boilies you can only catch a couple on them

i am not saying maggot and a good bait i think they are a secondary bai if stuff is not going your way and you want to go home with a few catches

alrite a pleasure angler who is going out to catch specifically may not use maggots but for some maggots can be the key to success

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Caught loads of Carp of Red Maggot 2 days ago, didnt get a touch on 6mm expanders in normal and strawberry flavours AND halibut pellets, nothimg, not even a nibble :)

nrayner

Fished the Leigh Sinton Annual Open Match today. Most people were fishing the pole with meat, paste, pellets, cheese etc.

I fished waggler up in the water with single red maggot and stuffed it. 66lb. Second place was 25lb.

You can't beat maggot.

missabite

I only take maggots in late winter/early spring. Half a pint to throw in the margins with an hour to go, often deadly.

monkey20

maggots? brilliant! ive never failed to catch on them and ive had some very nice silver bags on them!
never leave home without some.

adam_f

they are brilliant. i dont think anyone cannot catch when using maggots.

Benji

Account Locked
Either take maggots or some bread with me, they both seem to work when other baits dont want to. Fished 1/2 whiite 1/2 red today, up in the water under a ltitle 0.05g maver dibber, no deeper than 18 inches on size 20 hook, most people apparently where struggling, but I kept bashing tiddlers and finished with 22lb.

Chin

last few matches i have fished, i have taken 4 pints of whites with me, these are team matches and i have been in the top 2 in my section, on commercials fishing for carp!

Status
Not open for further replies.