Maggots

piscatorial

Bought a couple of pints on Wednesday as I thought I would be fishing yesterday, but ended up I couldn't go. So maggots in fridge for next week.

Paid £3.50 a pint

How much you paying for yours?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Think they're about £3.50 in my local shops as well, about the same as a pint of beer! I don't really check exactly how much tbh as they are what they are you got to have plus generally buy a few other bits with them.

That said did get my current ones from bobco delivered. £3 a pint I think but same again for delivery so by the time I've bought enough other stuff to justify the delivery cost for a couple pints they're costing me a fair bit!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Il get a delivery from them or willy worms , i tried frozen maggots and caster from willy worms ,was very good ,
First lockdown delivery on bobco for maggots was their standard charge. Now it's like £6 something unless you spend over £30 then it's standard charge. Pretty much forces you to buy more stuff unless you want to buy 2 pints for over £10! Ended up paying about £40 myself by the time I was done 😂 It's not as expensive delivery from Willys worms but you still have to buy a few other bits to justify it, they just had less to buy than bobco which is why I stuck to bobco.

Have managed to eek out 3 sessions from that couple pints with a few left though so think it must have been a generous 2 pints, looked marginally closer to 3 pints than 2 pints in a 4 pint box 👍🏻

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
First lockdown delivery on bobco for maggots was their standard charge. Now it's like £6 something unless you spend over £30 then it's standard charge. Pretty much forces you to buy more stuff unless you want to buy 2 pints for over £10! Ended up paying about £40 myself by the time I was done 😂 It's not as expensive delivery from Willys worms but you still have to buy a few other bits to justify it, they just had less to buy than bobco which is why I stuck to bobco.

Have managed to eek out 3 sessions from that couple pints with a few left though so think it must have been a generous 2 pints, looked marginally closer to 3 pints than 2 pints in a 4 pint box 👍🏻
Yes was thinking a gallon of each for freezer

Silver fan 82

Bought a couple of pints on Wednesday as I thought I would be fishing yesterday, but ended up I couldn't go. So maggots in fridge for next week.

Paid £3.50 a pint

How much you paying for yours?
Depends which shop I go to. One shop which seems to be closed as of late charges £3 a pint and they are usually good quality maggots, the other £3.20 a pint but the quality isn't as good.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
£2.40 a pint here - have half a pint bought yesterday but now can’t fish today :(

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Think it's £3.50 a pint round here.
Catchy bait is worth a look on Facebook, dead maggot £2.25 pint and casters £2.75, casters are £5 pint at my local shop