Maggotdrowning take on the Best

Added to Calendar: 14/09/18

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Peter's paying for his own :p

The costs involved are for the entry fees and an allowance towards the bait bill :)

davered5

Site Supporter
gutted to have missed out will have to try get on the Drennan Team for next years lol

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why do you want to fish for a second rate team Dave instead of the maggotdrowners ? :D

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
5 more sleeps until the Maggotdrowning Team take on some of the country's best angling teams in this prestigious event - no sign of nerves yet from our illustrious squad :eek: :cool:
Lots of team talk been going on in the background as we can't reveal our tactics to the competition and I think we are just about sorted :)

If anybody else wants to make a last minute donation towards the team costs it would be more than welcome, please click the following link: Maggotdrowning.com Donation

(y)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Good luck boys will be thinking of ya whilst im blowing the froth of a few in Teneriffe :cool::cool::cool:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
We will be up against the following teams on the day............

Maver Uk a
Garbolino
Mallory Park
JJL
Maver uk b
England under 15s
Guru
Maryuku
Colmic
Drennan oxford
Preston Innovations

...... so just a bit of a challenge. ;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A bit of bad news, unfortunately Alex has had to pull out at the last minute due to having his leave cancelled.

But not to panic as we have seconded a replacement super star to take his place.
I can't say who at the moment as we don't want the other teams to know but suffice to say he's well known to you all, has fished Alders Farm several times, you'll have seen his name in the Angling Press and across the tinterweb quite a bit, and he's a bit of a flyer...

Maybe it's time to head to the bookies :cool:

sidev77

Site Supporter
Fiver on its way :).....going down there tomorrow, never fear I won't give the fish much of a work out!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Time to step out of the closet and reveal your's truly as Maggotdrowning's super star ;)

Alex had to pull out due to his leave being cancelled which left us a man short,
I did approach Steve Ringer but unfortunately he had a prior booking with Daiwa, and another member is already fishing for Marukya.
So it was suggested that I took up the reins which seemed a good idea as I have fished there several times plus had a bit of coaching by Darren Cox et al, and there you have it.... #timetoshine :D

So the full squad is:

Peter - Team Captain, coach and bank runner
Myself - Ash Lake
Keith - Ash Lake
Mark Skeggs - Oaks
Clive - Pines
Trev Drakes- Pines

In all fairness quite a strong team (y)

I'd like to say many thanks to those that have 'sponsored' the Maggotdrowning Team, some of whom have posted on this thread and some who wish to remain anonymous. £146.00 was donated which goes quite some way to covering the team costs and I'm chipping in the rest from the Moderators coffee and tea kitty.
I need a volunteer to tell @Trogg that they'll be no chocolate hobnobs for a while and we'll be buying Smart Price tea bags :D

The plan of action is not to aim to win the match but to score points in the sections as a team. I can't reveal the team plan at the moment as I don't know who's looking in ;)
I'll be picking Peter up at 4:30am on Friday morning :eek: , we don't want the drawing hands of God getting worn out driving down there, we need him fully refreshed for when he dips those manicured nails into the draw buckets :)

Hopefully we'll be able to put some pictures up during the day of the event, and even more hopefully be able to report back with the silver (ok we'll settle for a reasonable placing lol).
Catch More Media are filming the event as well so I'll post their videos as soon as.

Wish us luck :love:(y)

Total

Site Supporter
I of course wish our team all the very best.(y):)......I think you should aim higher @Dave regarding the teams aspirations.:unsure:......You'll murder the pie eating challenge!:p:D:ROFLMAO:

....Look forward to reading the results.(y)