Maggotdrowning take on the Best

Added to Calendar: 14/09/18

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Following on from my previous thread regarding the James Joseph Law invitation match at Alders Farm Fishery on Friday 14th September, I'm pleased to announce we have accepted our invitation to send a team to the event and confirmed our team names, who are...

The Maggotdrowning.com team is:

Keith Ashby,
Clive Pritchard,
Alex Akal,
Mark Skeggs,
Trev Drakes

Peter will be acting Team Coach/Captain and I will be (hopefully) attending as bank runner.

I'm waiting for confirmation of the details of the other teams but taken from last year's event you can see there is a high standard of competition..
2017 teams: Maggotdrowning, Drennan, Garbolino, Preston, Marukyu, Colmic, Matrix, Drennan Oxford, Mosella NW, Joseph James Law, BAE Systems, Mallory Park, Match Fishing Scene

The event is spread over three lakes on Alders Farm with 60 anglers competing in total, 12 teams of 5.

Maggotdrowning.com is sponsoring our team and the lads know it's not just a day's fishing, the pressure is on :D

I'm hoping to bring you all the results, photos and reports, and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing them all the best on the day.

If anyone wishes to make a small donation towards Team Maggotdrowning's costs it would be appreciated
Please click here to do so: Maggotdrowning.com Donation

Many thanks

beer-toast1.gif

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
Following on from my previous thread regarding the James Joseph Law invitation match at Alders Farm Fishery on Friday 14th September, I'm pleased to announce we have accepted our invitation to send a team to the event and confirmed our team names, who are...

The Maggotdrowning.com team is:

Keith Ashby,
Clive Pritchard,
Alex Akal,
Mark Skeggs,
Trev Drakes

Peter will be acting Team Coach/Captain and I will be (hopefully) attending as bank runner.

I'm waiting for confirmation of the details of the other teams but taken from last year's event you can see there is a high standard of competition..
2017 teams: Maggotdrowning, Drennan, Garbolino, Preston, Marukyu, Colmic, Matrix, Drennan Oxford, Mosella NW, Joseph James Law, BAE Systems, Mallory Park, Match Fishing Scene

The event is spread over three lakes on Alders Farm with 60 anglers competing in total, 12 teams of 5.

Maggotdrowning.com is sponsoring our team and the lads know it's not just a day's fishing, the pressure is on :D

I'm hoping to bring you all the results, photos and reports, and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing them all the best on the day.

If anyone wishes to make a small donation towards Team Maggotdrowning's costs it would be appreciated
Please click here to do so: Maggotdrowning.com Donation

Many thanks

beer-toast1.gif
Ive sent a fiver over to the sales email addy I guess every little helps .... good luck fellas

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Many thanks for the donations received so far including a few from people who haven't posted on this thread.
We're 25% of the way towards the costs so far, much appreciated (y)

dumdum

How did I miss the invite ? next year ?

I will also add good luck lads!

Last edited:

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
Just an observation - I watched last year's match on Youtube and looked forward to an interview with a maggot drowner - didn't appear to be one just the top manufacturer sponsored chaps.
Would have been nice to see the rest of the teams.

dumdum

Just an observation - I watched last year's match on Youtube and looked forward to an interview with a maggot drowner - didn't appear to be one just the top manufacturer sponsored chaps.
Would have been nice to see the rest of the teams.
I came second in my section and they avoided me like the plague ?? apparantly I smelt of fish for some reason ???

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
How's the donations front going?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Off the top of my head we're over a third of the way there at the moment with £81 in the pot.
The cost works out as £205 for the team.