Please Read Maggotdrowning Southern Fur & Feather 2021

Added to Calendar: 27/11/21

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
The weather will be whatever it is when you open the curtains and look out of the window :D
And at that point we find only you, me and Mrs Munch at the venue... proper ard northerners, not like these shandy drinking southerners..
I died just before the lindholm match and the Mrs made me walk it off. A bit of weather ain't going to put us down.

Total

Site Supporter
And at that point we find only you, me and Mrs Munch at the venue... proper ard northerners, not like these shandy drinking southerners..
I died just before the lindholm match and the Mrs made me walk it off. A bit of weather ain't going to put us down.
^^ You do make me smile Mr Munch!:giggle:(y)

OldTaff

Site Supporter
By heck folks - that’s looking like it’s going to be a bit of a tough day at the office.

By contrast I’m off to the land of my fathers where the weather gods have decreed we shall have snow and 18mph winds I.e. blizzard time :eek:

5C680CFD-631F-44AC-BD8D-D9A9181814E9.jpeg

Still taking the spinning rod for a go at the Mon-Brecon canal though (y)(y)

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
Just opened the back door to let dogs out and discovered the garden has moved to arctic circle, This means I must now spend all day drinking antifreeze substitute in preparation. I will test out many types but feel that those made north of the border in wee jimmy krankie land will be best.

The weather will not stop me in my quest to gain 21st place.

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
I would like to point out that even with the current forecast of near arctic temps and hurricane winds along with sleet/snow/rain attacking us all day this will still be more enjoyable than the other alternative my wife had lined up for Saturday ,CHRISTMAS SHOPPING.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can i just advise everyone - no sex or alcohol the night before the match.
Alcohol lowers your body's resistance to cold and sex apparently can affect your athletic performance, the latter of which I've yet to confirm as true :D

bryan white

Site Supporter
Charged me batteries up for my heated coats..got a spare one incae one dies
Can’t be too careful when travelling oop norf

Had a few calls asking for a little info on the MDs Xmas Match at Alders.
Baits
I would strongly advise the following
Maggots
Groundbait
Corn has been very hit and miss
And a few fishery pellets….
Tackle
Pole
Waggler
Feeder both Hybrid and maggot feeder.
In the maggot feeder most use Red Atomic and in the Hybrid micro pellet with a sprinkle of Fjuka micro different colours ( Your choice)
Certain pegs you will still catch close .. I stress certain pegs.
Hooks 18/16
I will be about for few hours to offer any help and advice if you want it.