Please Read Maggotdrowning Southern Fur & Feather 2021

Added to Calendar: 27/11/21

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
Today was last attempt to get it together before saturday. Here is a quick summary

1. It is cold
2. The water is a lot clearer
3. Do not push barrow to swim wearing all you clothing, unless you wish to lose 2lb through sweating,
4. It is cold
5 Maggots stop moving when they are cold,and shrink to half size.(reminds me of something but I cant think what)
6. It is cold
7. Fish seem to have gone south for winter.
8. Feeders work better in water and not tree branches
9. You do not need 2 pints of groundbait.
10. Ducks eat groundbait when your not looking
11. It is cold
12. New magic additive makes groundbait very black,along with fingers and on arriving home I discovered bit of my face.
13, Putting bait on small hooks is hard when shivering. You need to time the stab well else you impale your finger.
14. Remember to use fixodent on dentures else they walk out of mouth during shivering fits
15. It is cold.
16. It is impossible to answer call of nature in less than 30 mins when wearing bib and brace. And when you do I now remember the answer to item 5
17. Spilling coffee in wellys causes interesting dance routines to be invented.
18. It is cold
19. After packing up you find car seems to be 500yds further away than when you started.

Home now and about to have a large bowl of beef stew with some proper suet dumplings.

Role on Saturday Sunday

Edit: Just fixed that for you - Dave
I see what you did there, but sunday i am running the line at club for a league match, and I have to wear shorts

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
Today was last attempt to get it together before saturday. Here is a quick summary

1. It is cold
2. The water is a lot clearer
3. Do not push barrow to swim wearing all you clothing, unless you wish to lose 2lb through sweating,
4. It is cold
5 Maggots stop moving when they are cold,and shrink to half size.(reminds me of something but I cant think what)
6. It is cold
7. Fish seem to have gone south for winter.
8. Feeders work better in water and not tree branches
9. You do not need 2 pints of groundbait.
10. Ducks eat groundbait when your not looking
11. It is cold
12. New magic additive makes groundbait very black,along with fingers and on arriving home I discovered bit of my face.
13, Putting bait on small hooks is hard when shivering. You need to time the stab well else you impale your finger.
14. Remember to use fixodent on dentures else they walk out of mouth during shivering fits
15. It is cold.
16. It is impossible to answer call of nature in less than 30 mins when wearing bib and brace. And when you do I now remember the answer to item 5
17. Spilling coffee in wellys causes interesting dance routines to be invented.
18. It is cold
19. After packing up you find car seems to be 500yds further away than when you started.

Home now and about to have a large bowl of beef stew with some proper suet dumplings.

Role on Saturday Sunday

Edit: Just fixed that for you - Dave
Look stew
1637775565114.jpeg

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Thats a good idea, we will do ours in the hotel room the night before. Having said that the Mrs will no doubt drag me to the hotel bar.... better if I do them tomorrow instead then (y)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just had a look at the latest weather update, they reckon it may get a tad breezy around 1pm _nc_ohc=56lFHsGRhyQAX_RNcXU&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1.png

Sat W.jpg