Please Read Maggotdrowning Southern Fur & Feather 2021 <Revised>

Added to Calendar: 27/11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
I am home, and I have had a great day. So sorry for all of those who had travel problems, however as this was the SOUTHERN FUR AND FEATHER and most of those who had issues were from oop norf I think it may have been poetic justice. But just to level things up I did have to stop off and get the rear tyre fixed on the wifes car in leighton buzzard. When I rang her to tell her she said sorry I forgot to mention it has a slow puncture. I get the idea I was set up with that one.

I actually caught by design and not luck. I stayed warm and dry for the most part and if my fingers had not turned to frozen sausages I could have caught a lot more skimmers as I had managed to get there heads down. I did see a comment about no footplate, I did have mine but it was so cold and wet I couldn't be bothered to set it up. I did try on the pole at 7 meters but to no avail, firstly loose feeding was basically going anywhere it liked and if I put a pot on the pole became a windsock. The feeder was the route today. I used a small ICM cage with wet milled expander and some 2mm micros. Hooks baits were either dead reds or 8mm expanders. Only lost 1 carp whhich snapped by 3lb hooklength (stepped up to 5lb after that), The fishery is fantastic and the staff are fabulous and could not be more helpful. I reckon I got about 20lb of carp and 4 lb of skimmers so considering the conditions not bad for me.

I really need to thank Mrs Munch for the photos, its not often I get pics of me and the fish.

Since getting in I have been faking interest in the shopping the dear wife has brought and planning my next sortie. Please put me down for 18th, I have just got my friend to move his birthday drinks to the sunday so I can come

Mike

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
So shooting went well and the winner of that was.......

Me 😁 with this nice little grouping. Mrs Marksman Munch at your service. 😁

IMG_20211127_150424574.jpg
Wow. Go girl.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
We have arrived home safe and sound and have just finished unloading the car. Well done to Andy and Mike on both turning up and also catching some very nice fish (y)
Very nice meeting you both and we look forward to doing it all again in hopefully drier and warmer times!!
No snow whatsoever on the journey up norf, that was till we hit Sheffield where the outside lane was closed due to snow still laying and a 40mph speed limit.
Anyhow, see you on the next one (weather permitting)?
Munchy

bryan white

Site Supporter
To make up for missing yesterday’s cold, I went out today
Not a single bite , not one :cry:
Maggot ,pellet and kitchen sink thrown at it
Yes it’s messy, I was minus something or other so I couldn’t be ars#d for a picture postcard peg.
I hadn’t put stotz on my rigs, my fat cold digits struggled with this normally easy task..15 odd minutes to get the floats right
Not set this lot up for ages, took me about an hour and half first stint..stopped for coffee and carried on again
Well out of practice
I’m home now(obviously)
Shower and pub to drown me sorrows

Attachments

• 6D919FDF-1A1F-4CA7-ACC8-CA1037FD3CF0.jpeg
    6D919FDF-1A1F-4CA7-ACC8-CA1037FD3CF0.jpeg
    667.9 KB · Views: 22

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
A date for your diaries ......

I've provisionally booked Ash Lake for Saturday 18th December.
The long-range forecast looks good for the time of year.
Further details will follow, please be patient.....

(If you can't make that date, again further details will follow :) )
Can I come and play if there's room?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've a few calls to make tomorrow but once done so I'll post an update

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Lord above please look upon us poor fishermen and bless us with fine weather...
Amen.
Count me in!

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
Club winter league round 1 today, freezing cold but thankfully dry. Managed 14lb of skimmers and roach for 3rd place 👍👍
Fished an open today bud on a lake that’s notoriously hard , 20 fished it only 2 anglers caught 4 fish between them
They had a bingo draw for 3rd and 3 sections.I gave it 3hrs and know when I’m beat

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
IMPORTANT UPDATE - NEW DATE AND TIMES

I've spoken with Trevor and Sophie at Alders Farm Fishery, checked the long-range weather forecast, and we've moved the date of this match to:

Saturday 18th December
Meet at the fishery - 8:00am >
Draw: 8:30/8:45am
Fish: 10.00am to 3:00pm
Pie & Pea supper afterwards

All those that paid on for the match last Saturday, your payments will carry forward to the new date unless I hear from you otherwise when a full refund will be offered.
Anyone wishing to join us, please let me know and I will add you to the list and you'll be added to the list of 20 names on a first-come basis taking the place of any who cannot make the new date.

The list I have at the moment is:

1638185688555.png

And it will be updated on this post and the first page daily

The forecast for the day (so far), is :

1638185760088.png

So no rain, sunshine, some wind no minus temperatures - he says ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.