Please Read Maggotdrowning Southern Fur & Feather 2021 <Revised>

Added to Calendar: 27/11/21

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
I have just seen this weeks match results, that is more fish than I catch in a season, I think I am going to need a bigger hook

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
If you hear a blood curdling scream during the match please don't panic, it's just @Mrs Munch stuffing her freezing cold hands up my jacket!
@Dave i presume the munches will be on adjacent pegs, to minimise the risk of some other unfortunate individual being subjected to the above?

Caveat : unless it’s @Yosemite Sam or @chris1967 👍👍👍
😱I don’t mind as long as you put me on peg1. I won’t be able to hear or see anybody next to me👍

Last edited:

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
What do you mean nets??
I’m only taking one, and before you all start, yes, I do know that’s one too many 😃

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Two nets minimum please - one for silvers including Perch, and however many you think you might need for the Carps ;)

Whisker

Site Supporter
Am I right in thinking dip tanks, cafe and shop are all at the top of the hill? Just wondering so I can eat, pick up maggies and dip before making my way down Cardiac Hill… 😱

mike_pk_waters

Site Supporter
Today was last attempt to get it together before saturday. Here is a quick summary

1. It is cold
2. The water is a lot clearer
3. Do not push barrow to swim wearing all you clothing, unless you wish to lose 2lb through sweating,
4. It is cold
5 Maggots stop moving when they are cold,and shrink to half size.(reminds me of something but I cant think what)
6. It is cold
7. Fish seem to have gone south for winter.
8. Feeders work better in water and not tree branches
9. You do not need 2 pints of groundbait.
10. Ducks eat groundbait when your not looking
11. It is cold
12. New magic additive makes groundbait very black,along with fingers and on arriving home I discovered bit of my face.
13, Putting bait on small hooks is hard when shivering. You need to time the stab well else you impale your finger.
14. Remember to use fixodent on dentures else they walk out of mouth during shivering fits
15. It is cold.
16. It is impossible to answer call of nature in less than 30 mins when wearing bib and brace. And when you do I now remember the answer to item 5
17. Spilling coffee in wellys causes interesting dance routines to be invented.
18. It is cold
19. After packing up you find car seems to be 500yds further away than when you started.

Home now and about to have a large bowl of beef stew with some proper suet dumplings.

Role on Saturday Sunday

Edit: Just fixed that for you - Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Whisker

Site Supporter
Shop and dip are.
Cafes at the bottom of the hill, in between pegs 1 & 2
Thanks bud. So park up, pick up mags and dip. Then load up the barrow and hold on for dear life down the hill to get breakfast… are there any speed cameras…? 😝

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
You used to be allowed to drive down the hill park up by peg 30, unload and drive back up.
Not sure if you still can due to the new tarmac???