Maggotdrowning Southern Championships 2021 ( 3rd october 2021 )

Added to Calendar: 03/10/21

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Unfortunately Mick, I'm already fishing @Scribe's pork Pie Match on the 2nd meaning way to much driving for me to join you all on the 3rd, so I will reluctantly have to give this one a miss.
Best of luck to all fishing, good to see an MD's match happening down that way again. :upthumb:
Im working on 2nd would have gone on pork pie match thats while i said i would fish this one have 3rd and 4th off

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
This is getting close now, about a month or so to go,

Those who have previously expressed an interest (and any others)

could you please confirm that you would like to attend and fish the match

we will need a minimum of 12 anglers and a maximum of 18 fishing to peg it comfortably

peg fees will be £7.50 per peg and there will be three sets of optional pools on the day, a silvers net, a carp net and an overall weight, these will be £2,50 each to enter, with full pay outs (so if you went into everything peg and full pools it will cost you £15 for the day)

There is a trophy on offer for the overall winner, biggest weight

Participents (we need a minimum of 12 to hire the whole lake, otherwise we may find ourselves pegged around other anglers)

1, mickthechippy
2, fugley-fisher
3. stewie74
4, old Taff
5, redhillphill
6, nasha
7, Damflask chris
8, newlease

Last edited:

Nasha

I’m up for it cheers Mick.
I’m no match fisherman, pleasure only, so I’ll have to get myself a keepnet, unless the fishery have them available to use?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I’m up for it cheers Mick.
I’m no match fisherman, pleasure only, so I’ll have to get myself a keepnet, unless the fishery have them available to use?
I have a spare one you can use, you will need a bankstick though

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
@mickthechippy thinking of doing some prep as my roach .09, .06 hooklenths might need beefing up ! As I'm a rod n line merchant what sort of zoo creature am I going to encounter and is pellet wag likely to feature. Just considering most of my float line is 3-4 lb, feeder line should be OK. Just don't want to be under gunned and get snapped up every 5 mins. Just one more thing is there a shop on site, is it fishery pellets only. Cheers

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
As far as I remember, pretty near all methods work there

the last MD's match we held there was won by a guy sitting on a chair and fishing the wag and bomb

there is no shop and I dont think they worry about what pellets you fish with, you will need to bring your bait and feed with you

the carp do run to a size, around 25lb is a big one, but most are smaller and theres loadsa silvers

dave the fish

Site Supporter
@mickthechippy 4 of us had a trip there yesterday non of us having been there before.
The water level was a bit low and there was a cold wind blowing across the lake. We all decided to fish from the spit into the narrow part of the lake mainly for comfort. Tony was at the end of the spit and did easily the best with about 50lb split between carp from 1lb to 5lb and small skimmers to 1lb or so.

The main point to note was that the bailiff was very insistent that we had to have unhooking mats with us. As only one of us did he reluctantly let us fish but wasn’t happy.