Maggotdrowning Southern Championships 2021 ( 3rd october 2021 )

Added to Calendar: 03/10/21

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I propose to ressurect the Southern Champs match in 2021

hopefully some time in the mid or later summer, and will be in conversation with a commercial fishery to be decided regarding times and date

might be this Course Fishing Kent | Carp Fishing Kent | Tricklebrook Fishery

as we have previously held maggotdrowning matches on the small match lake and a good time was had by all with decent weights of fish caught

there will be another nice trophy on offer for the overall winner

and there will be silvers, carp and overall weight sections to fish for, plus a bring and win raffle

the match will be fished in the time honoured way drowners gigs are fished with the emphasis on having a good time and meet and greet and as so all standards of angling abilty will be very welcome, as will all ages and genders

hopefully the covid will be more under control by the time the match is booked

if you are interested can you please indicate below

Last edited:

violator

I'm not a match angler, but I'm in the process of purchasing a seatbox, and I have a keep net 🤣 I'm game, subject to dates etc

Tony

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Subject to clashing dates and Covid nonsense count me in.

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
As long as dates ect dont clash I'm up for a drive across I'm in.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Date and Covid dependant I'm interested..😛

BTMS

Site Supporter
If date does not clash with anything and covid count me in

Ta

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Provisional yes from me too - fancy getting drubbed in a match again :)

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks for the response everybody

will be getting in touch with the fishery looking to book the whole match lake for Sunday October the 3rd 2021 (this is provisionally booked now)

just need to know from you all whether this date is okay for you all

meet up in the car park for the rolling draw at 8am-8.30am, fish from 10,30 am till 3,30pm

will reiterate again, yes it is a match, but its a drowners match, all are welcome including juniors that may fish from the same peg as thier parents if required, every style of fishing is welcome, if you wanna fly chuck even thats okay :)

the emphasis is on having a good day out in the company of others of a like mind

fees will be a peg fee, plus £2 pools per catagory, which will be a Carp catch, a Silvers catch and an Overall catch (peg fees are £75 for up to and including 12 anglers, above that number its a standard £6 per angler per peg)

there will also be a bring and win raffle with each angler bringing a prize with a value of a £5, done in the time honoured MD's fashion of he who gets the wooden spoon has first pick of the prizes, with a tad of luck I may be able to get my sponsor to donate a few bits to spread around everyone fishing

Now being sponsored as to tackle and prizes by our very own Nck gilbert of the Float Store – NG Handmade Pole Floats & Hollow Pole Elastic

cheers Michael

Last edited: