Site Supporter
Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament and Fish-in - Alders Farm Fishery

Venue details:
Alders Farm Fishery
Ivy Lane,
Milton Keynes,
MK17 9AH (see map: Google Maps)

Dates:
Fish-in: Friday 27th - Sunday 29th July 2018 - Whole complex with the exception of Pines and Ash Lakes
Pairs Tournament: Saturday 28th - Sunday 29th July 2018 - Ash Lake
Friday Match: Friday 27th July 2018 - Pines Lake

Number of Places:
Fish-in: approximately 20'ish per day
Pairs Tournament: 28
Friday Match: 20

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Formats:

The Fish-in
will be a free for all and you can fish where you want as long as it is by the fishery rules. The only exceptions will be Ash and Pine Lakes if there is a match on them.
There is ample mixed Coarse fishing for all levels of skill from beginner to the more seasoned angler amongst us. (Day tickets £10.00)
In addition there is the specimen lake (Oak Lake) with some big Carp in there, recently a 30lb'er came out. (Day ticket £16 on Oaks)
Day tickets to be purchased on the day however please let me know if you are coming so we can inform the fishery of numbers - please state Oaks if you want to fish the Specimen Lake
Cost: £10.00 deposit required to secure your place, refunded against the cost of a day ticket

The Pairs Tournament:
There will be Two Matches spread over the 28th and 29th July 2018
On Day One (Saturday) the entrants will be split into groups of TWO drawn from a hat to make up 'The Pairs'
These Pairs will fish together as a team for the duration of the weekend

The peg draw will then take place for the Saturday Match with each angler drawing a peg as per usual
At the end of the Saturday match points will be awarded based upon the combined weight of each Pair

Day Two (Sunday) everyone will again draw a peg but keep their Pairs Partner and at the end of day two of the tournament again points will be awarded based upon the combined weight of each pair.
Saturdays and Sundays points will be added together to determine the Maggotdrowning Pairs winners

Cost for the Pairs Tournament: £25.00* per person + Pools Money (£5.00 per day)(*This is to cover the peg fees and the cost of the trophies)

Friday Match (Pines):
Meet at the fishery on Friday morning, Draw at 10.00am, Fish 11.30 - 5:30 (ish)
Cost all in - Peg Fee and Pools £15.00

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Everyone
Friday and Saturday Evening/Night: by kind permission Bivvies will be allowed to be pitched on-site but no further fishing will be allowed.
I will be bringing the big BBQ and the Gazeebo again and cooked breakfasts will be available onsite.
BBQ will be available for all to use on Friday night if anyone wants
Saturday Night, Your's truly will play host and cook the BBQ - I haven't poisoned anybody yet :D

Important Bits
1) Firstly, due to the resounding success of previous years tournaments, many of the entrants have already requested that they be able to attend this years Pairs Tournament, they will receive an invitation and any untaken places will be offered on a first come first served basis
2) However, the criteria for entering the Pairs Tournament is that you must have been a Member of the Maggotdrowners Forum prior to Midnight 31st December 2017 and you must be a Site Supporter when entering and also during the event (only applicable to the Pairs Tournament)

In the interest of fair play, last year's attendees who are current Site Supporters are to be given an invite which they need to confirm their attendance ASAP. However there needs to be a cut off point and this will be Midnight Saturday 23rd June , after that any remaining places will be offered to the reserves list on a first come first served basis, site supporter's again take priority.

3) To register your interest for the Fish-in please add your name to this thread stating 'Fish-in'. Day tickets to be purchased on the day however a £10.00 deposit is required to secure your place - this will be offset against the cost of your day ticket - Please go into your Profile (click on your name, top-right of forum) and select User Upgrades

4) To register your interest for the Pairs Tournament and for entry you must add your name to this thread stating 'Pairs' and names will be taken on a 1st come 1st served basis. All entry fees, £25.00, are payable in advance - Please go into your Profile (click on your name top-right of forum) and select User Upgrades

5) To register your interest for the Friday Match please add your name to this thread stating 'Friday Match'. Pools money payable on the day (£5.00) however the £10.00 peg fee is required to secure your place - Please go into your Profile (click on your name top-right of forum) and select User Upgrades

6) No person under the age of 18 may enter unless they are accompanied throughout the weekend by an adult

7) Alders Farm rules apply to both matches (http://www.aldersfarm.com/rules.php)

8) Matches only: You may use your own nets provided they are dipped before use.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

That's it, go for it and any questions please ask

Pairs Tournament Names:
(Confirmed/accepted - green)

Dave (paid)
Peter (paid)
Simon (sidev77)(paid)
Paul (nomorelongwalks)(confirmed)
Terry (Auto)(paid)
Dave (fatpike)(paid)
Steve (Steak)(paid)
John Holdsworth (John Tutu) (paid 10)
Clive (paid)
Dave P (davered5) (paid)
Tony (spamwham) (paid)
Terry (Wily Coyote)(paid)
Gino (naughtycockney)(paid)
barry testro (paid)
Slaner (Steve)(paid)
TrevDrakes (paid)
Mickthechippy (paid)
Geoff P (paid)

mrrodwell (confirmed)
Keith (paid)
Bluesteve65 (paid)
BaggerJ (confirmed)
Godber (paid)
Uncle Festa (paid)
(21)

Friday Match Names:

Dave (paid)
Peter (paid)
Mickthechippy (paid)
mrrodwell
Dave P (davered5) (paid)
Keith (paid)
Sidev77 (paid)
Clive (paid)
Tony (spamwham) (paid)
Slaner (paid)
John Tutu (paid)
Nomorelongwalks
Barry Testro (paid)
Wily Coyote (paid)
Mark Skeg
Trev Drakes (paid)
Gino (paid)
Fatpike (paid)
Auto (paid)
BaggerJ
Godber (paid)
Uncle Festa (paid)
Trevor Price (911)
Cluelessfishing (paid)

(22)

Fish-in names:

Stu (paid)(Oaks)
Matomato203 (paid)(Oaks)
Muskrat (paid)(Oaks)
Arkwright (Oaks)

Last edited:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
can I book on the friday match and the pairs if possible david ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'll put you down Mick (y)

Boggis51

tailgunner
Site Supporter
My wifes away on a cruise! Woo Hoo ! Looking forward to this. Lets hope the rain stays away this year. Defo doing the pairs match. Thanks dave.

davered5

Site Supporter
Friday in and paid
pairs in and paid
the pairs is with one email address and change to my new email for Fridays not quite sure what this fish in is so not sure about that

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Dave

Can you put me down for both the pairs ( should a place become available re last years first come first served) Also stick me down for the Friday match on Pines.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Dave just paid for the Friday match. Let me know if I get on the pairs and I will forward cash over for that.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
You are on the list for the pairs Keith.

sidev77

Site Supporter
Dave, yes please for the Friday and the Pairs matched....can't wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.