Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament and Fish-in - Alders Farm 2019

Added to Calendar: 26/07/19, 27/07/19, 28/07/19, 23/08/19, 24/08/19, 25/08/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamwham

Site Supporter
Dave - I'm ok for Sat & Sun pairs, but cant do the Friday match.
Breakfast Sat & Sun please.(y)

Trevor - I'm sure you guys will win out. Best of luck and fingers crossed for the fish.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've updated the lists which I've posted below. please can everyone check to make sure I have the correct information...

Name in Blue = Confirmed new dates are okay
Name in Red = Cannot make new dates (refund to be organised shortly)
Name in Green = Still waiting for confirmation if new dates okay or not
Name in Grey = for my records only

I'll amend the breakfasts and bait list appropriately

Edit - Lists removed and replaced further down this thread with up to date lists

If anyone knows someone who's in Green please can you point them in this direction to get in touch.

Any mistakes please let me know

If anyone who wasn't on the original lists and now wants to join us on the revised dates, please add your name to this thread

Many thanks,

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've just assumed that those who ordered breakfasts and are still attending still want them :upthumb:

fatpike

Doctor ! Why do I act younger the older i get ?
Site Supporter
Hope the situation improves and all the fish fully recover. I am looking forward to the matches and seeing you all again, together with the Alders staff .

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just as an aside, does anyone know what the weather was like at Alders last weekend?

drw

Site Supporter
Overcast and windy not much rain, Sorry I won’t be able to make it on the Friday ☹️

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Saturday was wet, light rain and drizzle most of the day. Sunday was a bit better. Certainly wasn’t the best for 2 days fishing and camping and the total opposite from Wednesday to Friday.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've updated the lists which I've posted below. Please can everyone check to make sure I have the correct information...

Name in Blue = Confirmed new dates are okay
Name in Red = Cannot make new dates (refund to be organised shortly)
Name in Grey = Cannot make new dates - Refund sent/in progress
Name in Green = Still waiting for confirmation if new dates okay or not

1564518235580.png

1564518265310.png

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Right folks, as of this morning Alders farm Fishery has released the following statement as to the state of play at this moment in time...........

Alders Farm Fishery
Over the last few weeks while the fishery team have been monitoring the waters our readings have revealed oxygen levels that are unusual for Alders Farm. We contacted the Environment Agency immediately who were excellent in support, visited straight away and kindly lent us equipment. The EA tested our water and found we had multiple types of algae including a bloom of blue green reducing the oxygen available to the fish. On the EA’s advice we have been circulating and aerating the water throughout the recent extremely hot weather and made the tough decision to close the fishery last weekend.

Having lost a few fish the EA suggested they also take a fish sample to test. CEFAS have now contacted us with the results and they have confirmed the fish had KHV, most likely brought on by the recent extreme environmental conditions and nets not being dipped and dried as requested.

Fortunately we have lost far less fish than the average fishery with a KHV outbreak which has been put down to the water quality and levels of fish care and maintenance.

Ash Lake is the only lake affected and will remain closed for the next couple of weeks but the rest of the fishery is open as usual.

Going forward we are introducing stringent measures for net, stink bag, cradle and unhooking mat dipping both before and after fishing. We will be operating a zero tolerance policy on this for the protection of other fisheries and to help prevent the spread of the disease.

This is a typically honest statement as expected from the owners and staff at the fishery putting all users in the picture. It's now up to us, the anglers that use the fishery to support them and respect ALL the Bio-security measures that will be in place at the fishery to ensure that the fishery comes through this with the minimum amount of upheaval during what is obviously a very worrying time.

Obviously Trevor will keep us fully updated as to the situation but at this point in time I remain cautiously optimistic that the planned 3 days can still go ahead as planned

@911

sidev77

Site Supporter
@Dave hi mate, still all good for the new dates but decided I will never be a maggot angler so no longer require the 8 pints or so I had on order....

Cheers and see you in 3 weeks :)

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Apart from a couple of guys carp fishing on oaks it looks like I’m the only one there for the fish in. :deal: That means I get three lakes all to myself. Three lakes per angler sounds like a good ratio to me.:quiet:
I hope I’ll be able to get close enough to the match lakes to join in the banter a bit though. :blahblah:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Markywhizz feel free to have a stroll round for a chat when the matches are on, there's bound to be plenty of banter flowing.
Coffee, white with 2 sugars for me. ;)

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
just to confirm that i cannot make it, i was flying back the 23rd but just been extended to the 25th so cannot make it which sucks balls and i have a bad case of Delhi Belly as well :(

hope everyone is well back in the UK

do not bother with a refund, put it to subs, bbq or anything you want to Dave.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear it Tony, you must be the unluckiest person on here to miss not one but two chances of fishing it in the same year - and getting the trotts to boot :poop:

I'll up your subs shortly, many thanks

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Early this morning, just to give you folks an insight as to what's happening behind the scenes at the fishery.
(May take a while to load ;) )

[

Status
Not open for further replies.