Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament and Fish-in - Alders Farm 2019

Added to Calendar: 26/07/19, 27/07/19, 28/07/19, 23/08/19, 24/08/19, 25/08/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
That's a shame but understandable. I won't be able to make the August dates Dave, l will be in Malta sorry.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Now that I'm over the initial shock. I got to thinking - if the fishery is suffering fish losses and algae blooms sufficient for us to cancel our event, how likely is it to recover sufficiently in the space of a few weeks?

I don't mean to be all doom and gloom. But isn't there a fair chance that in 2 or 3 weeks time it doesn't look much better and we need to cancel again?:

sidev77

Site Supporter
Real shame but totally the right decision...may have to dig those golf club thingies out for the Friday now....should be good for the August dates but will need to check with the boss!!

Fishy Medic

Shame. Absolutely the right decision though. Won't be able to make the August date unfortunately. Will keep an eye on the fur & feather and other events though.

Boggis51

tailgunner
Site Supporter
******** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ *********

It is with great sadness that Dave and I have to announce that we have had to take the very serious decision in conjunction with the Fishery Owners and Management and after advice from the EA that the Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament and Fish-in - Alders Farm 2019 due to take place July 26th- 28th will now be rescheduled for the weekend of August 23rd-25th.

We fully appreciate that this comes is at very late notice for a lot of those participating in the event and apologise for this but the recent very hot weather has resulted in a blue-green algal bloom at the fishery and low dissolved oxygen levels that have resulted in a number of fish deaths that the Environment Agency are monitoring. We feel that as both a responsible Website and Anglers it would be unwise to subject the fishery and its stocks to the pressures that 3 days of intensive angling by 40 anglers would place on the fishery.

Obviously this decision will prove to be inconvenient for all and not please all taking part and for that once again we can only apologise. Anyone who cannot make the new dates can of course contact Dave and their payment for this weekend will be refunded.
Thanks Peter, should be ok for August.

Madd

Site Supporter
Hopefully with the environment agency heavily involved and the weather set to drop to more normal temps over the weekend things should improve ,blue green algae is a particularly nasty algae as its danger to animals and humans as well as fish so it is a necessary move I am sure
Book me in for new dates please dave

sporty

Site Supporter
Completely understand Dave as I was there yesterday ,sadly I won't be able to make revised dates as will be away .cheers

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't mean to be all doom and gloom. But isn't there a fair chance that in 2 or 3 weeks time it doesn't look much better and we need to cancel again?:

Muskie, the fishery have been very proactive and caught this early and have got the EA's help in containing this. We were notified by the Fishery Owners immediately. Bearing in mind the significant investment the stock represents to the family we feel that it would be grossly irresponsible on our part to proceed as planned placing the stock under any undue stress at this time given that further high temperatures along with thunderstorms are forecast for the next couple of days.
The revised date was the one offered to us by the Fishery as they feel confident that any issues should be resolved by then.

Caius_Martius

Site Supporter
On my annual holiday over the 23rd -25th weekend, would cost a little too much to fly back for the weekend lol, so gonna have to miss it. Such a shame but completely understand the reason for cancelling it. I`ll just have to spend the refund on some new tackle! Have a great weekend for those who can make the revised dates.

fatpike

Doctor ! Why do I act younger the older i get ?
Site Supporter
Cheers Pete, fully understand, both Terry and I ( Auto and Fatpike ) are good for the revised date. On the plus side i only spent today prepping hahahahahahah. It was going to rain this weekend anyway hahahahah. see you all soon.

Newson

I was there yesterday and this totally the correct decision. Already Stressed fish certainly don’t need being fished for by 40 anglers 3 days running and spending time in keepnets. I can’t make the new dates though I’m afraid...

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
I was there yesterday and this totally the correct decision. Already Stressed fish certainly don’t need being fished for by 40 anglers 3 days running and spending time in keepnets. I can’t make the new dates though I’m afraid...
That's not fair Lee, I was planning on drawing you in the Pairs.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lee had already been paired up with 911 :D

Joking apart, the reality of not fishing the pairs this weekend has sunk in; yesterday was a bit of a train ride so I never really got the chance to sit down.

I've still got my time booked off and the mobile holiday cottage is prepped, so we're going to take grandson #1 away for a couple of days and I'll sort out any refunds when I get back after the weekend.

Paul22

Lee had already been paired up with 911 :D

Joking apart, the reality of not fishing the pairs this weekend has sunk in; yesterday was a bit of a train ride so I never really got the chance to sit down.

I've still got my time booked off and the mobile holiday cottage is prepped, so we're going to take grandson #1 away for a couple of days and I'll sort out any refunds when I get back after the weekend.
Dave FYI ......I should be ok to fish in August pal
And I support your decision to move the date ??

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Unfortunately we can't fit in with the new dates.
(Muskrat, Matomato203 and Hamish)

Disappointed ain't the half of it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.