Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament and Fish-in - Alders Farm 2019

Added to Calendar: 26/07/19, 27/07/19, 28/07/19, 23/08/19, 24/08/19, 25/08/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
More prep, 9 top kits re elasticated/checked over, new dacrons where needed as you do ;) or don't in some cases.:LOL:

Going through some odd boxes looking for a diamond eye threader and came across these blasts from the past..........

Old Prestons.jpg
Top to Bottom. Stratos, Series 'J', Bazzerla, Series 'D', Bazzerla, Tonda and a loaded Tyson2.
a load of old Preston patterns. All still serviceable but obviously stripped off winders and consigned to a box in the dim and distant past. Question is, do I keep digging through the old stuff or am I going to shock myself with just what is lurking in yet more dusty boxes? :unsure:

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Looks like the weather is going to be cooler for Friday, Saturday and Sunday with cloud. More like 20 degrees. Should be great.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
******** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ *********

It is with great sadness that Dave and I have to announce that we have had to take the very serious decision in conjunction with the Fishery Owners and Management and after advice from the EA that the Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament and Fish-in - Alders Farm 2019 due to take place July 26th- 28th will now be rescheduled for the weekend of August 23rd-25th.

We fully appreciate that this comes at very late notice for a lot of those participating in the event and apologise for this but the recent very hot weather has resulted in a blue-green algal bloom at the fishery and low dissolved oxygen levels that have resulted in a number of fish deaths that the Environment Agency are monitoring. We feel that as both a responsible Website and Anglers it would be unwise to subject the fishery and its stocks to the pressures that 3 days of intensive angling by 40 anglers would place on the fishery.

Obviously this decision will prove to be inconvenient for all and not please all taking part and for that once again we can only apologise. Anyone who cannot make the new dates can of course contact Dave and their payment for this weekend will be refunded.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’m absolutely gutted. Not the fault of the organisers though, I’m sure it’s the right decision. I’ve got the new dates in my diary and can confirm I’ll be there.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Gutted for everyone who was going but the sensible decision. Fish welfare must come first & I'm sure that with the decent bunch of people we have on here, they'll appreciate the need for this decision.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Gutted for everyone who was going but the sensible decision. Fish welfare must come first & I'm sure that with the decent bunch of people we have on here, they'll appreciate the need for this decision.

Absolutely

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Also gutted. But an understandable decision.
I hope I can make the August dates.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I can only echo everyone's disappointment re this but it is completely out of our control.
The fishery has taken the correct steps by involving the Environment Agency as soon as they realised there was a problem, and they have some consultants in this afternoon further advising them.

I have been speaking with Charlotte, and Peter, likewise with Trevor at the fishery and following advice from the EA the best course of action is not to further stress the fish, and let's be honest no one would want to put fish in a keepnet for the duration of a match not knowing if they were going to survive until weigh-in.
The full extent of the fish losses is not known at this stage but swift action on the fishery's part will have a big part to play in keeping it to a minimum.

As Peter posted, if you cannot make the new dates, please let me know either on this thread or via PM and I'll issue you a full refund.
If anybody couldn't make this weekend but wants to join us on the revised dates, again please let me know.

As soon as any more information becomes available either myself or Peter will post it, in the meantime, I've got 96 burgers to eat my way through :)
(only kidding on the burger part)

Status
Not open for further replies.