Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament - Alders Farm.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament - Alders Farm.

Dates: Saturday 29th - Sunday 30th July 2017

Venue: Alders Farm Fishery, Ivy Lane, Milton Keynes, MK17 9AH

Lake: Ash Lake

Number of Places: 28

Format:

There will be Two Matches spread over the 29th and 30th July 2017

On Day One (Saturday) the entrants will be split into groups of TWO drawn from a hat to make up 'The Pairs'

These Pairs will fish together as a team for the duration of the weekend

The peg draw will then take place for the Saturday Match with each angler drawing a peg as per usual

At the end of the Saturday match points will be awarded based upon the combined weight of each Pair

Saturday Evening/Night: by kind permission Bivvies will be allowed to be pitched on-site but no further fishing will be allowed.

Day Two (Sunday) everyone will again draw a peg but keep their Pairs Partner and at the end of day two of the tournament again points will be awarded based upon the combined weight of each pair.

Saturdays and Sundays points will be added together to determine the Maggotdrowning Pairs winners

I will be bringing the big BBQ and the Gazeebo again and cooked breakfasts will be available onsite

Cost for the weekend: 25.00* per person + Pools Money (5.00 per day)(*This is to cover the peg fees and the cost of the trophies)

Important Bit:

1) Firstly, due to the resounding success of previous years tournaments, many of the entrants have already requested that they be able to attend this years, they will receive an invitation and any untaken places will be offered on a first come first served basis

2) However, the criteria for entering is that you must have been a Member of the Maggotdrowners Forum prior to Midnight 31st December 2016 and you must be a Site Supporter when entering and also during the event.

In the quest of fair play, last year's attendees who are current Site Supporters are to be given an invite which they need to confirm their attendance ASAP.
However there needs to be a cut off point and this will be Midnight Saturday 24th June , after that any remaining places will be offered to the reserves list on a first come first served basis, site supporter's again take priority.

3) To register your interest and for entry you must add your name to this thread and names will be taken on a 1st come 1st served basis.

4) All entry fees, 25.00, are payable in advance and invoices will be sent out in due course

5) No person under the age of 18 may enter unless they are accompanied throughout the weekend by an adult

5) Alders Farm rules apply to both matches (http://www.aldersfarm.com/rules.php)

6) You may use your own nets provided they are dipped before use.

There will be a match on Friday 28th July on 'Pines' lake for which there will be a separate list of names for those wishing to make a long weekend of it

That's it, go for it and any questions please ask

Names:
(Confirmed/accepted - green)

Dave - (Paid)
Peter - (potd)
Simon (sidev77) - (Paid)
Paul (nomorelongwalks) - (potd)
Terry (Auto) - (paid)
Dave (fatpike) - (paid)
Steve (Steak) - (potd)
Tony (gingert76) - (Paid)
John Holdsworth (Tutu) - (Paid)
Gary (turkish67)
Clive - (paid)
Geoff (maybe?)
Dave P (davered5) - (paid)
Tony (spamwham) - (paid)
Terry (Wily Coyote) - (paid)
Gino (naughtycockney) -(paid)
Glenn Ribbons (chub66)
mark skeggs - (paid)
barry testro - (Paid)
Slaner (Steve) - (Paid)
Jakal - (potd)
TrevDrakes - (potd)

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year as I be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary somewhere in Germany.
Spam wham has agreed to run the Friday match in my place. If you want to fish the Friday then either post here or better still PM me.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Put me down for it as well then please. Just the Sat and Sun at the moment though, might be able to make the Friday but will only know closer to the time.

fatpike

Doctor ! Why do I act younger the older i get ?
Site Supporter
3 days for me as well please, Oh, I am excited as i can wear my new maggot drowning hoody hahahahaha ( confirmed on FB page as well )

naughtycockney

Site Supporter
Yes please Dave, missed a couple of years but up for the three days if invited.
Can't remember if I have paid any subs, if not please let me know nyPM on how to do it, my IT skills are not very good.

Gino(Naughtycockney)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bringing this back up to the top, anymore members wishing to come along and fish this please let me know asap as we are now getting closer to the date and need to finalise numbers

Just to recap on this and previous years, you do not need to be an out and out matchman to take part, the emphasis is on having a good time and catching fish in the company of like minded people.

Alders Farm Fishery produces some cracking results and are fantastic hosts so everyone taking part will enjoy it regardless of ability.

If you want to take part please put your name down on this thread and likewise if you have any questions please feel free to post them

georgie boy

Site Supporter
So sorry Dave but I can't do a double, the Mrs is starting to get suspicious what with my fishing trips.

Boggis51

tailgunner
Site Supporter
Dave, please put me down for Saturday and sunday. Look forward to meeting more Md people.[:T]