Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament 2019 RESULTS

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well what a weekend and congratulations to Tony (Spamwham) and Trev Drakes winning the Maggotdrowning Pairs 2019 with an impressive15 points

20190825_180929.jpg

Day one, myself and Dave (FatPike) were in the lead with 8 points closely followed by Spamwham and Trev Drakes with 10 points, but that was all to change when they both drew 'flyers' on day two taking 2nd and 3rd individual places in the match.

Results below starting with the Friday warm up match on Pines (warm up?? it was chuffing red hot lol)

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/attachments/20190824_083720-jpg.19924/

Day one of the Pairs Match (Saturday) saw us all on Ash Lake, the sun was beaming down on most of us and some lucky ones managed to get pegged in the shade

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/attachments/20190824_191832-jpg.19940/

Day two (Sunday)

20190826_113021.jpg

And the Pairs Results in full...

20190826_113031.jpg

In addition, as some will know, Peter and I also have a 'Nugget' side bet whenever we meet up on matches, this weekend without exception, and I'm pleased to say I relieved Peter of not 1, not 2, but THREE shiny gold nuggets over the three days :D

https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/attachments/20190825_173031-jpg.19970/

...much to the amusement of all and to Peter's dismay, especially when on Sunday it was so close. I weighed in 68lbs 1oz, Peter 67lb 13oz :D
I understand that Paul (Nomorelongwalks) has now been barred as weighmaster by Peter :D

All in all a cracking weekend with great company at a brilliant venue, and some good weather to boot :)

Last edited:

Total

Site Supporter
Many congratulations Tony and Trev D', well angled, and all those who took part. :band:

........Three golden Nuggets...:)....Reeeesuultttt! (y):)......Commiserations Mr 'M' (y)

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
Great weekend in fine company. I didn't get a chance to say bye to my pairs partner Atomic Paul ( previously known as nomorelongwalks ), he disappeared in a cloud of red dust.:ROFLMAO:
Well done Tony and Trev.(y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Well done guys. Sounds like you had a real good time. Nice pics Dave ? Poor old Peter. Once is bad, twice is terrible but, three times ? Someone should keep an eye on Peter for the next few days. ? ?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Nice pics Dave ? Poor old Peter.

Poor?. He can't be that poor handing over 3 pieces of gold (coloured) coinage.

Well done all, some good weights there. One day, I'll take part...one day (sigh). :upthumb:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I think Dave should be ashamed, taking 3 Nuggets off a poor old pensioner. :cry:
Seriously though a fantastic weekend, given the freakishly hot weather and the pressure on the lake after recent events which only goes to prove what a fantastic job the family and the Fishery management & staff have done. :upthumb:
As always the laughs and banter flowed for the whole 3 days and to demonstrate our confidence in the fishery we have already booked for next year. ;)

fatpike

Doctor ! Why do I act younger the older i get ?
Site Supporter
Entertainment, fun. enjoyment, skill and wit was all on view together with my personal highlight of the weekend Mr Sparkles mobile shower Unit. After a day of frying in the heat it was a blessing that this mobile wonder of modern technology was available for those who dared ! The service even included a trip to the off licence for well needed cold larger. The camping contingent again had a good laugh reminiscing (sorry for any repeats from myself Terry especially). See you all next year for fun and games and a burnt Burger hahahahahah

Clive

Black Hydro
Site Supporter
Great weekend as usual (y)
Looks like swapping the dates at the last moment is the way forward for good weather :)
Well done Tony and Trev :)
Peter Peter Peter :unsure: If that photo of you handing over nuggets gets out Vince and Dave Wall will be coming out of retirement to take you to the cleaners

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Peter Peter Peter :unsure: If that photo of you handing over nuggets gets out Vince and Dave Wall will be coming out of retirement to take you to the cleaners

:quiet:Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh It's, all part of a long term cunning plan, speculate to accumulate,;)
Anyway as Dave always says they are only on a short term loan to him. :LOL:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Haha, don't worry Peter by the time Mrs Peter finishes with you I'll be lending it back to you to pay the bond on a bedsit :D

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Fancy taking £3 off a pensioner. I can't believe you've done that Dave. Hold your head in shame young man. ( shaking my head in disbelief ) Peter's kids / grandkids will be sent to the workhouse now. And I used to think you were a right decent bloke. ?

Peter .... Do you think that will shame him into sending you a refund ? ?? ..... Good luck. ?