Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2022, Banter and results

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
Was trying to add a reply but I can’t really really really argue with that 😉
See what I get tomorrow with walkley bus open

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
It takes absolutely nothing away from Clare's very creditable performance Bernie. To be fishing pretty much her first Proper Match and having the pressure of drawing an absolute flyer in peg 30 and managing to weigh in 113lbs 10ozs from it for her 1st ever 'Ton' was exceptional.
There are many far more experienced anglers that have failed to emulate that from that peg over the years. ;)
I fished peg 30 last year and landed 50 odd pounds. I say landed because I lost three quarters of my fish bolting into the reeds. The peg produced over 250lb the day before so it was obviously just me.

Clare‘s fishing has improved incredibly quickly if you look at what she got at Lindholme in April 2021.

Total

Site Supporter
I fished peg 30 last year and landed 50 odd pounds. I say landed because I lost three quarters of my fish bolting into the reeds. The peg produced over 250lb the day before so it was obviously just me.
You can't compare two different days Mr Whizz not even on a flyer....(y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The trick to that peg is to ignore the feeding frenzy at your feet and fish out at 11m's picking the fish off as they come in and leave.
However turning a blind eye to a load of heads down, tails up, hungry carp in water barely deep enough to cover their backs is not the easiest of things to do

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
The trick to that peg is to ignore the feeding frenzy at your feet and fish out at 11m's picking the fish off as they come in and leave.
However turning a blind eye to a load of heads down, tails up, hungry carp in water barely deep enough to cover their backs is not the easiest of things to do
Yes. Afraid that was exactly how it happened. They were so tightly packed in it was a job finding a gap big enough to drop the feeder :ROFLMAO:

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
One of the joys of being retired is that at some point you find you've got some spare time on your hands and finding myself with an hour or so to spare yesterday I went through the weight sheets and compiled an Aggregate Weights Table for the 3 days.

Now I have to say that I've got a few misgivings about publishing the table as it may well lead to me losing my No1 Fan in @Mrs Munch :(
Clare, What can I say, I've double checked the figures a few times but I'm afraid they don't lie............. @MunchMyStump aka Bernie has been redeemed and you will have to hand back his T-shirt as over the course of the 3 days he actually caught 6 ounces more than you :eek:.....................I blame the Scalesmen but unfortunately it's to late for a re-weigh.:cry:
The Moral Victory is still yours however as you will always be the one who weighed in the first 'Ton' in a match. :love:

Alders 2022 Aggregate Weights Table.jpg

Ooh, I wasn't last! My weight increased by a little each day.
It must have been the breakfasts...