Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2022, Banter and results

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
One of the joys of being retired is that at some point you find you've got some spare time on your hands and finding myself with an hour or so to spare yesterday I went through the weight sheets and compiled an Aggregate Weights Table for the 3 days.

Now I have to say that I've got a few misgivings about publishing the table as it may well lead to me losing my No1 Fan in @Mrs Munch :(
Clare, What can I say, I've double checked the figures a few times but I'm afraid they don't lie............. @MunchMyStump aka Bernie has been redeemed and you will have to hand back his T-shirt as over the course of the 3 days he actually caught 6 ounces more than you :eek:.....................I blame the Scalesmen but unfortunately it's to late for a re-weigh.:cry:
The Moral Victory is still yours however as you will always be the one who weighed in the first 'Ton' in a match. :love:

Alders 2022 Aggregate Weights Table.jpg

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think there may be an error on the table @Peter .... 🤫
It takes absolutely nothing away from Clare's very creditable performance Bernie. To be fishing pretty much her first Proper Match and having the pressure of drawing an absolute flyer in peg 30 and managing to weigh in 113lbs 10ozs from it for her 1st ever 'Ton' was exceptional.
There are many far more experienced anglers that have failed to emulate that from that peg over the years. ;)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
To be fair Dave has had a coaching session on peg 30 from Trevor and it's done absolutely nothing to alter Dave's opinion of it.
A lot of people who fish Alders refer to it as 'The Tourettes Peg' as it's frustrated so many anglers. 🤬😡

Meanwhile there are some of us who would just like to draw it one day. :(

slaner

Site Supporter
my summary of peg 30, set up on peg, plumb depth =8 inches deep when you can get plummet through the fish!! get a bit freaked out at all the eyes looking at you from the not so murky depths saying "come on then lets have it!!" thinking to myself this is a peg dreams are made from. ALL IN, now the nightmares start, top kit plus 1, slop and maggots and its like a blood bath, fish jumping over each other to get to it!! in goes the rig and wallop foul hooker rig comes back with a scale, the ones that you do hook properly take you on a merry ride round the bank on the left and put your elastic through the over hanging brambles so you have to pull for a break! had 163lb but could of doubled that by scooping the net in front of me lol and looking at the amount of scales i had on my footplate i could of put them together and built another fish

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
my summary of peg 30, set up on peg, plumb depth =8 inches deep when you can get plummet through the fish!! get a bit freaked out at all the eyes looking at you from the not so murky depths saying "come on then lets have it!!" thinking to myself this is a peg dreams are made from. ALL IN, now the nightmares start, top kit plus 1, slop and maggots and its like a blood bath, fish jumping over each other to get to it!! in goes the rig and wallop foul hooker rig comes back with a scale, the ones that you do hook properly take you on a merry ride round the bank on the left and put your elastic through the over hanging brambles so you have to pull for a break! had 163lb but could of doubled that by scooping the net in front of me lol and looking at the amount of scales i had on my footplate i could of put them together and built another fish
Wish I could draw them good pegs 😳🤫🤭