Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2021

Added to Calendar: 30/07/21, 31/07/21, 01/08/21

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Getting your trolley up that hill is now much safer......... They have installed a new defibrillator. (y) (y) ;)
That's a relief, as I was wondering whether I should employ a couple of sherpas for the weekend, to help cart the kit and some
oxygen tanks up and down it.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've done the trolley push from the cafe to the top car park a couple of times purely as a challenge to myself. Its far from easy, let alone in one go.

My missus has offered me half of my life insurance payout if I can do it again this year 🙃

chris1967

Site Supporter
I've done the trolley push from the cafe to the top car park a couple of times purely as a challenge to myself. Its far from easy, let alone in one go.

My missus has offered me half of my life insurance payout if I can do it again this year 🙃
jesus dave , makes me shudder at the thought of pushing it up ,i nearly had a run away tackle trolley just going down lol

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
,i nearly had a run away tackle trolley just going down lol
There's a few of us that have had that experience, all I'll say is make bloody sure that you've tightened up the fastenings on the handles of your trollies. 😂 🤣

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

I challenge you to push mine to 😇😇😇😁😁😁😁

Pyffy

Site Supporter
For those of you that may not have visited Alders Farm before this will give you some idea of how the fishery is laid out.

Thanks Peter, it certainly looks a great venue, now if you have any insider info as to how best to attack it, as I believe it's quite a shallow lake, I would be eternally grateful :)

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Thanks Peter, it certainly looks a great venue, now if you have any insider info as to how best to attack it, as I believe it's quite a shallow lake, I would be eternally grateful :)
Chuck loads of feed in, when you hook a carp, hang on & hope for the best.
At the end of the day, hand over your pools money to Trevor Price or Nick Pringle because one of them will have won. That's it basically

Total

Site Supporter
At the end of the day, hand over your pools money to Trevor Price or Nick Pringle because one of them will have won. That's it basically
^^:giggle:.....You fishing next to our Godber has really affected you when it comes to fishing at Alders Neil!:love::ROFLMAO:

Pyffy

Site Supporter
I intend to bring water ski's and some great escape trousers, as I've heard the carp pull well in the shallow water, and as they drag me out into the lake drop ground bait and pellets down my trouser legs. I am sure I am still the pools fodder I was the last time I fished matches about 30 years ago, so nice to know who's pension pot I'm adding to ;-)

TRFC2000

Site Supporter
How serious is this match would love to have a go it would be my first ever match, and was thinking of bringing the wife and dog in the camper but sure now i know the club sell guns lols