Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2021

Added to Calendar: 30/07/21, 31/07/21, 01/08/21

fatpike

Doctor ! Why do I act younger the older i get ?
Site Supporter
I gave Pete 'mugger' a call earlier today to enquire if myself and Terry ( Auto) could join you for the Saturday and Sunday Pairs, unfortunately we couldn't make it last year. Hopefully you can fit us both in and it will be great to see you all again for a bit of banter and a few beers !

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Is it a big hill , I have a kia sorento , im new to touring caravans , i hope i can manage
Max towing 2000 kg , bessecar 2 birth 1550 kg . Anyone good with tourers id appreciate any advice ,

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Is it a big hill , I have a kia sorento , im new to touring caravans , i hope i can manage
Last year, we had quite a bit of rain on the second day. One of the lads, think it was @davered5 couldn't get his van back into the camping field. When we were leaving on the Sunday, I had to have a couple of goes, getting up the hill from the lakes to the main car park, which is really steep. Wouldn't like to push my tackle trolly up it.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Last year, we had quite a bit of rain on the second day. One of the lads, think it was @davered5 couldn't get his van back into the camping field. When we were leaving on the Sunday, I had to have a couple of goes, getting up the hill from the lakes to the main car park, which is really steep. Wouldn't like to push my tackle trolly up it.
That's welcome info, as this will be my first time at Alders Farm, I was wondering about where the camping field is in relation to the lakes and what we do with our cars etc. and how close we can get our kit as I had read about the "Hill" and wondered about trolleying the kit up and down it.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Cheers Landlord

The Landlord

Site Supporter
That's welcome info, as this will be my first time at Alders Farm, I was wondering about where the camping field is in relation to the lakes and what we do with our cars etc. and how close we can get our kit as I had read about the "Hill" and wondered about trolleying the kit up and down it.
The camping field is right behind Oak Lake & we can drive our cars into that field & pitch up next to your car. I mentioned further up the thread, that most people left their trolleys loaded up, under the trees by Oak Lake (would recommend a waterproof cover over them). It's not far to any of the three lakes from the camping field.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
The camping field is right behind Oak Lake & we can drive our cars into that field & pitch up next to your car. I mentioned further up the thread, that most people left their trolleys loaded up, under the trees by Oak Lake (would recommend a waterproof cover over them). It's not far to any of the three lakes from the camping field.
Many thanks, I had assumed, as you'd left the trolleys under the trees it was because you didn't fancy pushing them up and down the infamous hill from the main car park. Good news that you can park the car by the tent to make loading and unloading that bit easier, my new hip will be happy :)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
In all honesty I really don't think I would want to contemplate taking a touring caravan down to the field we will be using for camping.
I would be looking to leave it in the main car park at the top by the tackle shop. ;)