Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2021

Added to Calendar: 30/07/21, 31/07/21, 01/08/21

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Last year it was on the Saturday but just after the match started. I remember looking over at Trevor on peg 1.........sitting there in just a t-shirt, no brolly & it was a proper deluge.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Even though it’s only a 30 mile drive for me I plan to stay over and throw a pop up tent on the ground and see if it really does just pop up with no help from me 😉As it’s my first maggotdrowners event I am looking forward to meeting other members and joining the throng, I’m no wallflower so looking forward to the banter although be warned as nearly 40 years in the motor trade has taught me to be a bit of a potty mouth😁 just a quick couple of questions, what do you do with your kit overnight? Put it in the car, tent or is there a safe place to leave it? Also the rules mention no alcohol, does that include in the camping field?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The important part - no alcohol on the banks, the camping field is fine :)

Most people tend to leave their tackle set up on trolleys near one of the lakes as the place is locked up at night.
So far, touch wood, we've not heard of anything going missing.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Hi Dave, sounds good to me, I was more worried about if hurricane Bertha sweeps through, rather than other members making off with the kit, although if she does, my kit will be the last thing on my mind when me and my pop up tent wake up somewhere in the home counties. As to the beer front I will pack an extra cool bag 🍺🍺

Last edited:

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
.................the rules mention no alcohol, does that include in the camping field?
No alcohol in the camping field ....... 😆😆😆😂😂🤣🤣🤣

I don’t drink (former alcoholic) but I’m usually the only one. Bring plenty of beer. :beer-toast1::beer-toast1::beer-toast1::drink::drink::drink:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Hi Dave, sounds good to me, I was more worried about if hurricane Bertha sweeps through, rather than other members making off with the kit, although if she does, my kit will be the last thing on my mind when me and my pop up tent wake up somewhere in the home counties. As to the beer front I will pack an extra cool bag 🍺🍺
Last year, a lot of us left our trolleys under the trees by Oak Lake. However there was a bit of a deluge overnight so my gear was a bit sodden the next morning . This year I'm going to bring some sort of waterproof cover to put over it.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Last year, a lot of us left our trolleys under the trees by Oak Lake. However there was a bit of a deluge overnight so my gear was a bit sodden the next morning . This year I'm going to bring some sort of waterproof cover to put over it.
That sounds a good idea, I have an old tarp that can be strapped over the trolley, many thanks 😊

dave the fish

Site Supporter
There are 30 pegs on Ash lake. I’m not sure about Pines but I would guess slightly less. There is plenty of room for everyone so far.