Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2021

Added to Calendar: 30/07/21, 31/07/21, 01/08/21

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Got a cheap one from Halford myself for last year. Think it was less than £50. Only used for two nights kip so it'll do.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Got a cheap one from Halford myself for last year. Think it was less than £50. Only used for two nights kip so it'll do.
Thats my thoughts to , might be fun or il get up crippled walking like a 🦀 all day

Stewie74

Site Supporter
90 minutes each way for me.

Probably too far to drive 3 days in a row, but there’s no way my back will handle camping, so I’m looking for a local hotel or bed and breakfast type place.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
90 minutes each way for me.

Probably too far to drive 3 days in a row, but there’s no way my back will handle camping, so I’m looking for a local hotel or bed and breakfast type place.
I also got a big blow up doll ,oops i mean bed ,cheap from argos ,looks good 👍

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
For those that are new to the MD's weekend and are stopping over I would suggest a comfy chair for the evenings as the after match chat along with a few drinks can go on till the wee small hours.. :beer-toast1::upthumb:

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Ha! I’m already making a birthday cake for someone to bring down , I’ve got to get my kit ready and bait for 3 days and work 10 hour shifts all week, I haven’t got time to pi$$ about bringing cakes 😂😂
What! My birthday is on the 31st of July this year. Next year it will revert back to its usual date.🎂😍

you’ll only need a pint of maggots and a few pellets, perhaps a tin of corn. You won’t need 64 top kits set up fishing against us muppets.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I also got a big blow up doll ,oops i mean bed ,cheap from argos ,looks good 👍
Ah - sore subject. I got one of our blow up beds out of the garage. Set up the tent, inflated the bed via the car ciggy lighter.....happy days.
Went & fished the match, had a few beers and retired to bed. Bloody plug was missing out of the air hole in the bed & it was as flat as a flat, flat thing. Spent the night on a hard floor & woke up with a very bad back.
Spent the next night asleep in the car & set the alarm off about 3 in the morning.

chris1967

Site Supporter
Any one want it , its free i'll take it with me to alders weekend but please send me a message to remind me as i will forget ...first come etc
s-l500.png

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Hi, all. I quite fancy coming along for the pairs on Saturday and Sunday assuming there is space. However I haven't fished a match in over 20 years and although no slouch on the catching front am a little in awe of the quality of the field 😉 , is there room for a "non" match man such as I, or should I stick to the pleasure fishing?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Jump in with both feet Pyffy
... more likely than not we'll pair the more experienced with the less experienced if the numbers allow, this evens up the playing field

Last edited:

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Jump in with both feet Pyffy
... more likely than not we'll pair mother more experienced with the less experienced if the numbers allow, this evens up the playing field
Hi Dave, in that case put me down for the pairs for Saturday and Sunday and I'll pay the deposit now ;)