Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2021

Added to Calendar: 30/07/21, 31/07/21, 01/08/21

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Might get round to doing some prep for Alders. Haven't used a pole since Alders last year, laccy should still be good😅 10 hooklengths should do and all thats left is to scrape last years paste off my pole. 😁
Just got my stuff ready !! Cos I’ll be working till Thursday, Maggots ,casters and worms,to pick up Thursday, and sort some groundbait,and it’s job done 😂😂👍

Last edited:

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Got prep to do this afternoon for a match tomorrow, then in the week I’ll sort out my rigs for next weekend.

Recommended to err on the heavier side for mainline. 0.19 or 0.20, right?

TRFC2000

Site Supporter
It's that long since I fished using a keep net they both had huge holes in the top and bottom 🙈 will have to buy two new ones ready for Friday is that unlucky or lucky using virgin nets 👍

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
cracking weight of silvers
It certainly is Steve. What you are seeing with the increasing weights of silvers though is the results of 4-5 years work behind the scenes by Trevor and the fishery team to produce year round fishing on the match lakes that isn't so dependant on the Carp feeding especially in the winter months finally coming to fruition.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
One thing that I have noticed from Peter posting the match results (especially on Ash) is that the winning weights seem to be spread around different pegs rather than the noted fliers of Pegs 1 & 2. Can only be a good thing.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It certainly is Steve. What you are seeing with the increasing weights of silvers though is the results of 4-5 years work behind the scenes by Trevor and the fishery team to produce year round fishing on the match lakes that isn't so dependant on the Carp feeding especially in the winter months finally coming to fruition.
All they had to do was fill it with F1's

;)

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Just found this. It's certainly changed a bit.......and all for the better. Obviously a lot of work going on 5 years ago.

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
no practice please before big weekend...what chance do us beginners have?im only bringing one keepnet incase any fish get lost from other pegs nearby
:cool:

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
are the fish in pines lake are bigger than ash lake..?but saying that i dont know how big the fish go to in ash lake..lol