Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2021

Added to Calendar: 30/07/21, 31/07/21, 01/08/21

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
On a more serious note. I’ll have a gallon of reds please. I assume there is enough stock of pellets in the shop, so I don’t have to order these. From videos I have watched, am I right in thinking that casters are more of a winter bait.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
On a more serious note. I’ll have a gallon of reds please. I assume there is enough stock of pellets in the shop, so I don’t have to order these. From videos I have watched, am I right in thinking that casters are more of a winter bait.
I’ve got worm and caster for pines , it worked for me last time for the big skimmers and big perch , in between trying to catch carp , @Nickp69 put me onto it 👍

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I don’t know mate 💁‍♂️They might want pellet !!😂😂on the JJR match I couldn’t catch on maggots on pines 💁‍♂️In practice maggots was good
I assume also that only groundbait is used when targeting the silvers, although no one has mentioned groundbait at all. I’m going to bring some tins of corn, but again there has been no mention of this.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I assume also that only groundbait is used when targeting the silvers, although no one has mentioned groundbait at all. I’m going to bring some tins of corn, but again there has been no mention of this.
To be honest mate I’m not sure 💁‍♂️I’ll have groundbait to try down an edge….micros for hybrid…..6 mm pellets for shallow and deck…….6 and 8mm for mugging and pellet wag…..maggots for short line and edge ….worm/caster for a skimmer/big perch line(pines) 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
To be honest mate I’m not sure 💁‍♂️I’ll have groundbait to try down an edge….micros for hybrid…..6 mm pellets for shallow and deck…….6 and 8mm for mugging and pellet wag…..maggots for short line and edge ….worm/caster for a skimmer/big perch line(pines) 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️
That’s about what I was thinking. Bring it all to cover all bases.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Im thinking of bringing Groundbait, hard pellets of all sizes, corn, maggots, casters, worm, paste, expanders, and anything else I think of between now and then. I’m told the fishies at Alders like lots of grub, so I’m bringing the kitchen sink👍👍

Don’t know what I’m doing with most of it to be honest, and I think I need a bigger car to get it all in👍👍

apologies again in advance to whoever is unlucky enough to draw me as a partner, but on a positive note I’ll have loads of bait that you can share 👍👍

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I haven’t even sorted any gear yet 😩not been out for 3 weeks, and all my stuff is geared up for F1,s 😂😂

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Im thinking of bringing Groundbait, hard pellets of all sizes, corn, maggots, casters, worm, paste, expanders, and anything else I think of between now and then. I’m told the fishies at Alders like lots of grub, so I’m bringing the kitchen sink👍👍

Don’t know what I’m doing with most of it to be honest, and I think I need a bigger car to get it all in👍👍

apologies again in advance to whoever is unluck enough to draw me as a partner, but on a positive note I’ll have loads of bait that you can share 👍👍
Do they eat kitchen sinks as well. I don’t think I’ve got room for many of them.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Don't forget lads that you can only use Fishery Pellets for feed, anything goes hookbait wise as long as they're not High Oil ie Trout or Halibut pellets. ;)