Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2021

Added to Calendar: 30/07/21, 31/07/21, 01/08/21

Total

Site Supporter
Only got one bag.
Then it was a case of..."Oh - I'll get some more floats, just in case. I could do with some more hooklengths, some more expanders etc etc"
I thought the above was the case.....Just the way you worded your previous post came across as you'd spent £50 on groundbait.:love::giggle:....Thank you for your reply Mr Shipp!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've updated the list for the Pairs Weekend on Page 1 of this thread.

We've two places available for the Pairs if anyone wants to join us (the requirements as posted on Page1)

There are also up to 8 places available for the Friday match - let me know asap.

At the weekend I'll put up the final details regarding the draw and draw/fishing times (basically as posted previously)
The draw for the Friday match, pairs and the pegs will be done at the venue, we will have a willing volunteer pulling names and pegs out of a bucket, hat, or whatever we have available at the time to save everyone from having to dip into the bag :)

Total

Site Supporter
It was on offer👍

And I’ll leave the inevitable jokes about being a clown to others, after the event 👍
I hope it's a light tent you've got as that 'Cardiac Hill' walk is a killer.... :help: :eyepop:

You'll be alright there.....Fish to your strengths (not to far out) and don't be shy on the bait.....(y)

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Yes you can, but one at a time over the dam wall
Subject to the one at a time rule, will we be allowed to drive to the road behind the double peg 9 & 10 to drop off the gear? ( see pic )
It was a horrendous schlep with a laden barrow last time.
Capture.JPG

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Subject to the one at a time rule, will we be allowed to drive to the road behind the double peg 9 & 10 to drop off the gear? ( see pic )
It was a horrendous schlep with a laden barrow last time.
Musky, we will be using the field in the top right of your picture
musky.JPG

The red triangle shows the entrance that field and I would suggest that you park your car in the field rather than the car park to avoid the shlep. ;) .

On arrival will all anglers attending please stop and dip all nets/net bags/slings/cradles as per fishery rules before driving down to the camping field.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
NB: For anyone who is planning to fish with maggots over the course of your visit Trevor (@911) can supply them fresh from the local bait farm on a daily basis at a cost of £2-75p per pint / £17 per Gallon. Reds are the maggots normally sold and used by most, should you want Whites please let me know.

Should you want them would you please post on here no later than Wednesday 28th July, the quantity and the day required so that Trevor can get some idea of the quantities required for the weekend,

Many Thanks.

nomorelongwalks..................................12 pints.
The Landlord.............................................6 pints.
crayfishtraps..............................................1 Gallon.
Godber........................................................1 Gallon.
Stewie74.....................................................1 Gallon.
Dave.............................................................1 Gallon.
Yosemite Sam...........................................1 Gallon + 2pints casters for Friday.
Matt..............................................................1 Gallon.

Last edited:

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Musky, we will be using the field in the top right of your picture
musky.JPG

The red triangle shows the entrance that field and I would suggest that you park your car in the field rather than the car park to avoid the shlep. ;) .

On arrival will all anglers attending please stop and dip all nets/net bags/slings/cradles as per fishery rules before driving down to the camping field.
As I’m bringing a camper van and my own personal chef. Am I in the same field.? What sort of bait amount am I realistically likely to need. I’m quite happy to order 12 pints of red maggot, but she will not be too happy if I’m taking a gallon home in the back of her beloved camper.