Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2020

Added to Calendar: 24/07/20, 25/07/20, 26/07/20

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
All gone through Phil, I'll put a copy of the accounts on the top of this thread at the end of the day

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Not sure now. Waiting for dates when we can re-open the pub. Hopefully I'll know by the deadline date.

Mermaid

Calamity Lin
Site Supporter
Hi @Dave Chris and I would absolutely love to fish the pairs please. Not sure about the Friday as Chris is getting over a stroke and he can't cope with too much excitement! I've paid his deposit but can't see how I can pay mine. Please advise.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi @Dave Chris and I would absolutely love to fish the pairs please. Not sure about the Friday as Chris is getting over a stroke and he can't cope with too much excitement! I've paid his deposit but can't see how I can pay mine. Please advise.

I've sent you a PM Linda

CluelessFishing

Site Supporter
Friday match please Dave ... already booked Golden reel at larford and fisho lindholme sunday sadly as would have loved to fish the pairs was a smashin weekend last year .

mike dalziel

In line with the current UK Goverment and Angling Trust Guidelines, assuming that Camping & Caravaning will be allowed from the 4th July as being hinted at, you are all cordially invited to come along to the Maggotdrowning Pairs Tournament & Pleasure Fishing - Alders Farm Fishery 2020
Each day will be separate matches and those who are attending will be able to camp overnight should they wish. For those not wanting to fish the matches, pleasure fishing is available across the complex including the specimen lake (Oaks).

Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing Days - Alders Farm Fishery 2020

Venue details:

Alders Farm Fishery
Ivy Lane,
Milton Keynes,
MK17 9AH (see map: Google Maps)

Dates:
Pleasure Fishing: Friday 24th - Sunday 26th July 2020 - Whole complex with the exception of Pines (Friday) and Ash Lakes (Sat/Sun)
Pairs Matches: Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th July 2020 - Ash Lake
Friday Match: Friday 24th July 2020 - Pines Lake

Number of Places:
We have the whole complex at our disposal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Formats:

Pleasure Fishing:
There will be a free for all and you can fish where you want as long as it is by the fishery rules. The only exceptions will be Ash (Sat/Sun) and Pine (Friday) as we have matches on them.
There is ample mixed Coarse fishing for all levels of skill from beginner to the more seasoned angler amongst us. (Day tickets £10.00)
Cost: £10.00 deposit required to secure your place, refunded against the cost of your day tickets.

In addition, there is the specimen lake (Oak Lake) with some big Carp in there up to 40lb. (Day ticket £16 on Oaks, minimum 2 days, Night fishing is allowed)
Day tickets to be purchased on the day however please let me know if you are coming so we can inform the fishery of numbers - please state 'Oaks' if you want to fish the Specimen Lake as numbers will be limited.
Cost: £16.00 deposit for Oaks Lake to secure your place, refunded against the cost of your day tickets.

The Pairs Matches:
There will be Two Matches, on the 25th and 26th July 2020
On Day One (Saturday) the entrants will be split into groups of TWO drawn from a hat to make up 'The Pairs'
These Pairs will fish as a team for the duration of the weekend

The peg draw will then take place for the Saturday Match with each angler drawing a peg as per usual
At the end of the Saturday match points will be awarded based upon the combined weight of each Pair

Day Two (Sunday) everyone will again draw a peg but keep their Pairs Partner and at the end of day two of the tournament again points will be awarded based upon the combined weight of each pair.
Saturdays and Sundays points will be added together to determine the Maggotdrowning Pairs winners

Cost for the Pairs Tournament: £25.00* per person + Pools Money (£5.00 per day) (*This is to cover the peg fees and the cost of the trophies)

Friday Match (Pines):
Meet at the fishery on Friday morning, 24th July 2020 , Draw at 10.00am, Fish 11.30 - 5:30 (ish)
Cost all in - Peg Fee and Pools £15.00

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone
Friday and Saturday Evening/Night: by kind permission, Bivvies/Tents will be allowed to be pitched on-site but no further fishing will be allowed. (subject to UK Government camping restrictions being lifted).
Cooked breakfasts will be available onsite on a take-out basis
All being well a BBQ will be available for all to use on Friday & Saturday night if anyone wants however please bear in mind Social Distancing rules apply at all times.

Important Bits

1)
Social Distancing Guidelines must be adhered to at all times, in addition, Alders Farm Fishery rules regarding COVID-19 safeguarding must also be adhered to: Alders Farm Fishery
If anyone attending is suspected of showing any signs of Coronavirus they will be asked to leave straight away. If anyone is self-isolating prior to the event please ensure that you have done so for the required duration.
Tents must be pitched with a minimum of 3metres between them. No-one to share a tent or bivvy with anyone from outside of their own household.

2) The criteria for entering the Pairs Matches is that you must have been a Member of the Maggotdrowners Forum prior to Midnight 31st December 2019 and you must be a Site Supporter when entering and also during the weekend (this is only applicable to the Pairs Matches)

In the interest of fair play, last year's attendees who are current Site Supporters are to be given an invite which they need to confirm their attendance ASAP. However there needs to be a cut-off point and this will be Midnight Sunday 28th June , after that any remaining places will be offered to the reserves list on a first-come first-served basis.

3)
To register for Pleasure Fishing please add your name to this thread stating 'Pleasure'. Day tickets to be purchased on the day - A £10.00 deposit is required to secure your place (£16.00 for Oaks Lake) - this will be offset against the cost of your day ticket(s) - Please click the following link to pay your deposit: Account upgrades

4) To register for the Pairs Matches you must add your name to this thread stating 'Pairs' and names will be taken on a 1st come 1st served basis. All entry fees, £25.00, are payable in advance - Please click the following link to pay: Account upgrades

5) To register for the Friday Match please add your name to this thread stating 'Friday Match'. Pools money payable on the day (£5.00) however the £10.00 peg fee is required to secure your place - Please click the following link to pay: Account upgrades

6) No person under the age of 18 may enter unless they are accompanied throughout the weekend by an adult

7) Alders Farm rules apply to both matches (http://www.aldersfarm.com/rules.php)

8) Landing Nets, Keepnets and Unhooking Mats: You must supply your own nets, keepnets, and unhooking mats and ensure they are dipped before use.

9) Deposits: In the event that anyone cannot attend due to Self Isolating with Coronavirus Symptoms or having been advised to Self Isolate having paid their deposit, their deposit will be refunded; likewise should the UK Government change current guidelines which would prevent the matches going ahead. Any other refunds will be at my discretion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it, go for it and any questions please ask
Friday Match and Pair match please. Do I wait o confirm place before payments?
Michael Dalziel

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No Mike, we've had a couple of invitee's not able to make it so there will definitely be a few places.