Maggotdrowning Pairs Matches & Pleasure Fishing days - Alders Farm 2020

Added to Calendar: 24/07/20, 25/07/20, 26/07/20

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Getting your gear down to the lake isn’t the problem Mick. It’s getting it back up the hill at the end that causes the heart attacks. ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If I win the lottery I'm going to turn up one day at Alders with a JCB and put them a Ski lift in complete with barrow pods to wheel your tackle into :D

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Are we not in the normal bit, by the shop??.
Going to be hard getting back from the cafe to the van after a few drinky poos 🍺🍺

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Camping is in the field behind the car park with a little building in it Godber. You can park next to your tent. At least that was the situation last year.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The field behind the cafe has been allocated for camping as it was the largest field available which allowed everyone to pitch tents with a reasonable distance between them.

I can enquire tomorrow re the field with the hut in to see if it is available if people want

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’d better charge the batteries on my trolley. Sounds like it will get a lot of use lol.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The main issue is maintaining social distancing, even more so at night when camping once a few beers have been knocked back ;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Precisely, even more so as I don't want anyone going home with what I've got

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've just put this together to give an idea of the size of the field we have allocated for camping (white X) ...

Annotation 2020-07-19 222107.jpg

It also has easy access to both Pines and Ash Lakes, as well as the cafe.
Compared to the one on the left (also circled) it's about twice the size

muskrat

STAY ALERT
Site Supporter
When we fished Oaks at the fish-in a couple of years ago we were allowed to drive down to the first corner and dump our gear there. Then go back to car park and park up. Then walk down again and hump/trolley to the pegs. Will we be able to do the same this year?

1595193821350.png

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
We only used about a quarter of the small field last year, there weren’t many camping really. We might need more space this year with social distancing.