Maggotdrowning Pairs and Fish-in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clive

Black Hydro
Site Supporter
Can you put me down for all 3 days please Dave (y)

naughtycockney

Site Supporter
Can you stick me down Dave for the three days, obviously depending what happens with the virus

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm just hanging fire compiling lists and taking monies at the moment until restrictions are lifted and we get something positive from the government

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I can't make that one anyway @Dave. All being well I'll be in Great Yarmouth.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Hexcuses, hexcuses!....Didn't wanna loose a nugget more like it! ;) :ROFLMAO:
It's mine and wifey's 36th anniversary on the 25th mate. and instead of the 5 days that were booked, I have managed to extend it to 10 days to make up for this lock-down.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's £2,000 but I'm not collecting just yet :)

Seriously, I'm just hanging fire at the moment, the weekend is booked but I'm waiting until restrictions on movement are lifted and life has got back to somewhere near normal before taking monies :)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Never say never. We haven't pulled the plug on this just yet, the booking remains in place and even if we can't get it going on those dates we will look to reschedule if at all possible in some form.
In the meantime with no income from either the Fishery and tackle shop or the Gun Range Trevor @911 is continuing to go down there regularly to monitor the water quality and make sure that the fish get fed. Obviously this comes at a cost and to help out with this one of the regulars has set up a Just giving page to help out the fishery with the costs. Should anyone wish to help out they can at THIS LINK.
Any donation however small would I'm sure be very much appreciated. :upthumb:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Never say never. We haven't pulled the plug on this just yet, the booking remains in place and even if we can't get it going on those dates we will look to reschedule if at all possible in some form.
It'd better be on. I've bought a new hook!

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Hi Dave

Would you put me down for three days that's assuming the event get's the go ahead. As this will be my first Fish In what's the format ?

Thanks

Matomato203

@Dave, hoping this goes ahead as planned, some good signs starting.. do you have any back up dates in mind yet if worst comes to worst? Want to make sure I keep them free 😁

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No backup dates as yet and tbh the way this year has gone so far, if we cannot go ahead with it safely then I might just cancel it for this year and we'll try again next.

We can hold the fish-in without matches but it still falls under the 'organised event' label and tbh the main part of it is as a social which would be very hard to run safely under the social distancing guidelines.

Let see what happens at the end of this month and into June and we'll take it from there :)

Matomato203

No backup dates as yet and tbh the way this year has gone so far, if we cannot go ahead with it safely then I might just cancel it for this year and we'll try again next.

We can hold the fish-in without matches but it still falls under the 'organised event' label and tbh the main part of it is as a social which would be very hard to run safely under the social distancing guidelines.

Let see what happens at the end of this month and into June and we'll take it from there :)

Thanks Dave,

Makes perfect sense, as you said see how it goes! Fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.