Maggotdrowning Pairs and Fish-in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I now have a barman who can cover for me & allow me to have some time off at last. I know it's early days but it looks like I'll be able to do next years :)
What did people do camping wise? Was it bivvy's or tents on a separate camping field?
Anybody? :(

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I've booked our weekend away at Alders for 2020, before they get booked up

Last full weekend in July 2020 - Fri 24th to Sunday 26th July
Where do you stay and how much is it please Dave

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We stay on the fishery bedding down in bivvies or tents.
Staff members get to bunk up in my caravan lol.

Some book into the hotels nearby and leave their tackle on site but they tend to be pensioners with lots of money :D

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
We stay on the fishery bedding down in bivvies or tents.
Staff members get to bunk up in my caravan lol.

Some book into the hotels nearby and leave their tackle on site but they tend to be pensioners with lots of money :D
Ok il check on dates and thankyou Dave ..Do people take their other half too..be a bit worried about leaving tackle in car overnight if camping . Is there a secure place for tackle ..

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It has been known for members to bring their carers :D

The fishery is locked at night time and in all the years Ive known of there have been no tackle thefts.
If someone was daft enough to try they may well become a statistic on the missing persons list.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I want to make it, is there room in the masters caravan for a slim staff member? I have not got a bivvy and being a poor pensioner cannot afford B & B!!!!

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
You can park next to your tent so unless you are a REALLY heavy sleeper your vehicle and tackle will be safe.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Sod it, had to spend my hard earned pension on a B & B (with a bar thank god) SWMBO has given me permission to attend!!!!

If ya want Geoff i can try make it and we can share my bivvy ;) Me you and Albert :p

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I bet our WO will still manage to set the juke box of in the pub for you at the dead of night!:oops::ROFLMAO:
Do you really think I would tell him where I was staying? :);)

62tucker

Site Supporter
I can see a bit of Broad-back mountain re-enactment happening at the love-in. Not the Fish-In

Status
Not open for further replies.