Maggotdrowning Match - Forest Lane Fishery, 28th March 2020

Added to Calendar: 28/03/20

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
Due to a consultation with a government body
Forestlane is back open for open matches abiding by goverment guidelines social distancing. Open match Saturday 16th May must book on lake Arena 9.00am draw
All pre booked matches can resume please ring Kate to confirm.

Steve Hawkins
Steve Kay
Shawn buckle
Mick Addinall
Martin Bell
Brian Pallister
Colin McNeil
Bones
Scott Brady

That’s what they’ve put up

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Does it say which government body? Because the Angling Trust say it will be classed as a social gathering and therefore not allowed.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
This is what is pee'ing me off royally - why cannot people and fisheries just bide their time, be patient, and wait ?

A lot have become a virology expert, a lot seem to have a bank of their own 'experts' and some seems to want to ignore the rules and guidelines put in place in order to further their own selfish aims

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry to all that were trying to organise this match originally, but in light of the above statement from the Fishery I will never be visiting Forest Lane Fishery in the future, so rule me out of any rearranged fixture in the future.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dear SW VB’s,

On what should be a great day for anglers already we are fielding numerous reports of fisheries arranging matches. To avoid ambiguity, this is currently illegal as it falls within the scope of organising a gathering, and therefore contravenes CV19 legislation.

Can I ask that if you receive any information about such an event being planned or taking place that you advise me via email. In compliance with the Home Office instruction, I will try to communicate with the fishery, by whatever means, explaining why their actions are illegal and not simply contravening AT guidelines. Providing they see reason and desist, that means we have saved the police a job.

Please pass the word to fellow anglers not to go along with planned matches and report any they know are planned. Nothing will get the lockdown on angling re-imposed than illegal activity and it will affect us all!

Kind regards,

This is a directive sent to bailiffs. In black and white no matches

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Dear SW VB’s,

On what should be a great day for anglers already we are fielding numerous reports of fisheries arranging matches. To avoid ambiguity, this is currently illegal as it falls within the scope of organising a gathering, and therefore contravenes CV19 legislation.

Can I ask that if you receive any information about such an event being planned or taking place that you advise me via email. In compliance with the Home Office instruction, I will try to communicate with the fishery, by whatever means, explaining why their actions are illegal and not simply contravening AT guidelines. Providing they see reason and desist, that means we have saved the police a job.

Please pass the word to fellow anglers not to go along with planned matches and report any they know are planned. Nothing will get the lockdown on angling re-imposed than illegal activity and it will affect us all!

Kind regards,

This is a directive sent to bailiffs. In black and white no matches
Will the open match at Forest Lane for this Saturday (16th) be reported?

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i will happily report any match if i know of one happening

whats the email address in case i see any?

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
taken from their website a minute ago:

Just to clear things up I have just had a in-depth conversation with Danny from the Angling Trust who told me we were not breaking any government guidelines he asked me to rephrase my earlier post for our protection
The onus is on the Angler who will fish individually our pegs are 9 meters apart (15 meters are only a guideline not law!!!) these Anglers will use keep nets, Eddie and myself who both live in the same house will weigh in with the individual more than 2 meters away as the government advise this is NOT A SOCIAL GATHERING AS SOME MAY THINK .
We as a fishery are adhering to all government guidelines

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
how the hell does that work? so is the fishery putting the nets in for each angler as well? and dipping them? and its not classed as a gathering??? something very odd!

ukzero1

Site Supporter
All matches Pete
With our match/day out..if it gets to the point where it's not going to be fished for any reason and has to have a change of venue, can you roll the money over to the other venue for me please?

ukzero1

Site Supporter
how the hell does that work? so is the fishery putting the nets in for each angler as well? and dipping them? and its not classed as a gathering??? something very odd!
Was thinking along the same lines..how is it NOT a social gathering?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
1589383722986.png

This is off the AT's website just now - clear as can be

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Sorry to all that were trying to organise this match originally, but in light of the above statement from the Fishery I will never be visiting Forest Lane Fishery in the future, so rule me out of any rearranged fixture in the future.
I'm with you mate. I think the match that was arranged and paid for should be switched to another venue.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Nottingham even better! 😬
The only reason I didn’t put my name down for Forest Lane was the near 2 hour drive. May I suggest the Jewel of the North... Lindholme? Led by example during these difficult times and always 1st class.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Forest Lane haven't cancelled their match by all accounts:

1589402338245.jpg

She just doesn't understand does she?