Maggotdrowning Match - Forest Lane Fishery, 28th March 2020

Added to Calendar: 28/03/20

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Sensible call Dave, roll my money over to the next match please. It will be a lot warmer but I am still wearing my new Daiwa suit and Baffin Titans, I bought them for this match and fully intend to wear them(y):smoke:

Oh yes it will be Warmer wont it :cool::cool: Hey @Dave its a Omen so i can wear my Colorful Clothes :razz::razz:

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Roll mine over please Dave shame as I was looking forward to it.
But I honestly think the situation will be worse closer to the date so a good call.

steve king

The One and Only
Site Supporter
Yeah sensible call due to the ever changing situation of this virus.
May or June would be nice when a bit warmer so you can roll my money over till it is rearranged

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I've been discussing the forthcoming match with Peter and Wise Owl and also sent a message to Forest Lane Fishery asking what measures had been put in place in light of the ongoing situation relating to COVID-19, also with regards to our booking on 28th March...

This is the reply I received from Forest Lane:

"Hi as we speak at the moment things are as normal we will be doing the draw in car park and one person only will draw the pegs the cafe will be open but under the circumstances think by then I will be doing sandwiches only which I will take orders for and bring them out for you or possibly one at a time in cafe unsure yet as you can appreciate this is new to us as well but unless ordered otherwise we will be open hope this helps any other changes I will post on our Fb page in the near future"

There are another ten days to go yet so anything can happen in the meantime, however I cannot see the situation getting any better, if anything it will get exponentially worse.

So following discussions, and taking advice, I have decided to pull the plug on this match, postponing it to a later date, my reasoning do we really want to expose twenty-plus members to possible infection? No one can foretell what is around the corner and someone needs to make a firm stance so that people are not held in limbo. The well-being of our members and the people they come in contact is my main priority.

We will obviously be monitoring the situation, as will most people, and hopefully in the near future things will start to level out and recede and we will look at rebooking the venue in May, June or July.

With regards to payments received for the match, the options are:

- Carry your payment forward to the revised date (to be announced).
- Have your payment refunded.
- Credit your membership with 10months of 'Site Support'

Please can everyone let me know on this thread which they would prefer or if you wish to, send me a private message.

Thank you for your understanding and support regarding this decision.

Regards,
Dave

@Peter @Wise Owl

@robert d @Nobby_nobbs @Brythebagger @ukzero1 @steve king @bluesteve65 @taffyb @sly @Mr Bite @Dave Spence
@Markywhizz @Nip @R6kid2016 @pauln @fadgewacker @banksy @Stu @Blues1875 @Lee Lambeth
@dealornodeal @Weewilly70 @Luke cockerill @jononcb
Thank you Dave I understand totally and thank you to Wise and all others involved .Another date I'm up for that and hope and pray everyone is safe and well.roll mine over to next match to please

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I've been discussing the forthcoming match with Peter and Wise Owl and also sent a message to Forest Lane Fishery asking what measures had been put in place in light of the ongoing situation relating to COVID-19, also with regards to our booking on 28th March...

This is the reply I received from Forest Lane:

"Hi as we speak at the moment things are as normal we will be doing the draw in car park and one person only will draw the pegs the cafe will be open but under the circumstances think by then I will be doing sandwiches only which I will take orders for and bring them out for you or possibly one at a time in cafe unsure yet as you can appreciate this is new to us as well but unless ordered otherwise we will be open hope this helps any other changes I will post on our Fb page in the near future"

There are another ten days to go yet so anything can happen in the meantime, however I cannot see the situation getting any better, if anything it will get exponentially worse.

So following discussions, and taking advice, I have decided to pull the plug on this match, postponing it to a later date, my reasoning do we really want to expose twenty-plus members to possible infection? No one can foretell what is around the corner and someone needs to make a firm stance so that people are not held in limbo. The well-being of our members and the people they come in contact is my main priority.

We will obviously be monitoring the situation, as will most people, and hopefully in the near future things will start to level out and recede and we will look at rebooking the venue in May, June or July.

With regards to payments received for the match, the options are:

- Carry your payment forward to the revised date (to be announced).
- Have your payment refunded.
- Credit your membership with 10months of 'Site Support'

Please can everyone let me know on this thread which they would prefer or if you wish to, send me a private message.

Thank you for your understanding and support regarding this decision.

Regards,
Dave

@Peter @Wise Owl

@robert d @Nobby_nobbs @Brythebagger @ukzero1 @steve king @bluesteve65 @taffyb @sly @Mr Bite @Dave Spence
@Markywhizz @Nip @R6kid2016 @pauln @fadgewacker @banksy @Stu @Blues1875 @Lee Lambeth
@dealornodeal @Weewilly70 @Luke cockerill @jononcb
Totally agree, everyone’s health is priority. Plz roll mine over to the rearranged match whenever that it is.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Please just put my subs towards site support, as there's a good chance that the rearranged match will clash with our club match calendar.
Hope not, because I was really looking forward to this "experience"!