Maggotdrowning Fur and Feather 2018 invitations - Two Venues, Two dates

Added to Calendar: 17/11/18, 01/12/18

Wise Owl

Account Locked
My pleasure mate (y)(y)(y) Will try get the other to @Dave before the Alders one so the winner can have it on the day.

MKelley1

Something a bit different this year, we are going to hold TWO Fur & Feather Matches on two separate venues on two different dates.
Over the years we're always asked if we can have a southerly event as well as the northern one so this year we are going to do just that.

I'm pleased to announce that the following venues and dates have been booked for the Maggotdrowning Fur & Feathers 2018 ....

LINDHOLME LAKES, Saturday 17th November 2018, to be fished on Bennys Lake https://www.lindholmelakes.co.uk
ALDERS FARM FISHERY, Saturday 1st December 2018 - lake to be decided nearer the date (we have both at our disposal) Alders Farm Fishery

These matches are open to all Maggotdrowning Members, the only pre-requisite is that you must be a member of Maggotdrowning.com before the time and date of this post. You can fish one or both, the choice is yours.

For BOTH Venues and Dates:

ALARM CLOCK SETTINGS:

Meeting at the onsite cafe around 8:00am, draw at 8:30-9:00am, fish 10:30am while 3:30pm

After the match there will be the Results and Chrimble Pressies

EXPENSE PART:

The cost is £17.50 per person which includes Peg fee, Furs and Feathers (everyone will go home with a pressie), Pie and Pea Supper

POOLS (payable on the day):

£5.00 Pools to pay out 1st and 2nd in each Section
(sections determined by final numbers) to give everyone a chance of winning

£5.00 Optional Super Pool to pay out 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall
(Anglers in the optional pool can still claim 1st or 2nd in section)

RULES:

Fishery Rules for each venue apply plus all fish to be netted

MUST READ BIT:

Please can everyone bring a wrapped present that will go into a 'free' post match raffle - When you hand in your present you will be given a strip of raffle tickets for the draw
No pressie = No raffle tickets

PLEASE NOTE:

The only pre-requisite is that you must be a member of Maggotdrowning.com before the time and date of this post
The closing dates for putting your name down are the Saturday before each match (Lindholme 10/11/18, Alders 24/11/2018) - Do not leave it to the last minute to put your name down to avoid disapointment!
Peg numbers limited to 50/40 to avoid overcrowding and duff pegs (Lindholme 50, Alders 40)

** IMPORTANT (Everyone to Read): **

To confirm your place a £17.50 non refundable deposit is required by the Saturday before each match (Lindholme 10/11/18, Alders 24/11/2018). This is to cover the Peg Fees, Fur & Feather gifts and Hot Supper.
Pools money to be paid on the day of the match.

Payment can be made by clicking the following link and selecting which match you wish to fish: https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/account/upgrades
If anyone wants an alternate payment method please PM me

If anyone needs a 'pass out' for their wife/husband, girl/boyfriend, partner, or a sick note for work these are available for a small donation

IN ADDITION:

Everybody will be made welcome, and nobody will go home without a Fur & Feather prize/Christmas Pressie.

Accommodation on site is available at Lindholme Lakes if required but please make arrangements direct with the fishery lodge owners.
If camping or caravanning please make arrangements with the fishery

NAMES:

LINDHOLME LAKES:

Dave (potd)
Peter (potd)
georgie boy (paid)
Dirk (paid)
bluesteve65 (paid)
Steak (potd)
Whisker (paid)
dumdum (paid)
norm (potd)
Paul22 (paid)

(10)

ALDERS FARM FISHERY:

Dave (potd)
Peter (potd)
Keith (paid)
mickyboy (paid)
nichop00 (paid)
Mermaid (paid)
Chris (paid)
Boggis51 (paid)
Dirk (paid)
911 (potd)
Len Wade (paid)
Dai fish (potd)
Dan Thomas (potd)

(13)
Mick Kelley (potd)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've updated the list of names on the first page - 15 names down and confirmed

If anyone else wants to fish the Maggotdrowning Fur & Feather at Alders Farm on Saturday 1st December, please let me know by the end of this weekend when the list will be closed.

Thanks,

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Meeting at the Cafe from 8.00am, draw at 8:30am and fishing 10.00-3.00pm

Fishing Ash Lake and transport has been arranged to transport Dirk and Dai to their pegs

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
List updated on page 1 for Alders Farm (y)

We have 16 fishing, and 13 breakfasts ordered.

Just two people to confirm if they want breakfast or not, I've sent them a PM.

Trev (911) says he hasn't time to eat a breakfast :D

Total

Site Supporter
List updated on page 1 for Alders Farm (y)

We have 16 fishing, and 13 breakfasts ordered.

Just two people to confirm if they want breakfast or not, I've sent them a PM.

Trev (911) says he hasn't time to eat a breakfast :D

Always time for breakfast Trev. (y)

Boggis51

tailgunner
Site Supporter
It looks like it's going to be a bit wild and wet! Why does it always rain at alder farm? Just lucky I guess.
See you all on Saturday, Christmas pressie all wrapped ready! (y)

vfr400

Good luck to everybody fishing tomorrow may the rain not be too bad and the fish bite well