Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm not normally that small - Peter was stood on a Mole hill :ROFLMAO:

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I had a grebe in my corner nicking half my roach! ? ?
@Whisker I haven't heard that one before ! :LOL: You should have fired some maggots in it's direction to keep it occupied, just remember 'little & often does the trick !' (y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
All in all a really enjoyable day's fishing (y)

No pressure, good company, decent weather, good venue, caught fish, had a few laughs - what more could you ask for :D

There was a slight cock up with Pie & Peas which I take full responsibility for, but everyone got theirs to take home with them - a bit like a self service checkout - cook your own supper :ROFLMAO::cool:

Present wise, no one went home empty handed, as well as the match and presents, Paul22 won a year's Site support donated by a member (y), and dumdum has got a £10 Bobco voucher courtesy of Wise Owl (y)

I caught steady away most of the day, off the bottom, that Dynamite Cool Water F1 groundbait did the trick and kept them there.
The first half of the day I used banded pellet which resulted in around 30 F1's from 80z to about a 1lb, however switching to double Red Maggot then produced the bigger F1's.
I was holding off using the maggots as I thought I'd get bitted out by small stuff, however it was the opposite. This fishing mallarky certainly takes some getting your head around lol o_O:D

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I'll bang another up for the Alders one as well (y) Nice one Dave for setting it all up and again well done lads (y)

Whisker

Site Supporter
Well, that's the last time I listen to a former world champion!
Small method feeder he said... No Alan, NO!
Bomb & pellet he said... No Alan, NO!
Maggot on 5m line he said... No Alan, NO!

Small maggot feeder with double reds on a 20 hook was the way to go; shame I didn't try it before 2 o'clock. Remember that on your next YouTube video Alan... ?
Thanks for organising Dave, well done the framers and nice to meet the MD lads, look forward to next year.?

Paul22

Had a great day..... big thanks to Dave for setting it up and all the guys for being good company ?
Everyone caught and the weather was spot on I would highly recommend taking part ????

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bloody F1's :poop: Dave draws an end peg :poop: Had to give Dave a GOLDEN NUGGET :poop: Got a GOLDEN NUGGET back from Dirk (y) Everyone caught a few fish, plenty of laughs and banter (y) The sun shone (y) All in all a good day was had by all.:)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And to put a nice finishing touch on the day - when I opened my pressie I've got a big bag of Sonubaits Sweet F1 Groundbait (y)(y)

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
That was fun ? who’s have thunk I’d have ended up catching shallow... well 4ft deep in a 6.5ft swim well off the deck (full write up on ‘Evolution of an angler’ my Facebook blog!) Had a laugh and enjoyed the day, plus I won with 80 odd pound so that’s a bonus from peg 56 ? although I think some had me down as favourite from the off, but BlueSteve kept me honest from the next peg on 54 and peg 60 did well and came third I think ?

Hey that's normally my peg !! ( on Bonsai ) 33 is sadly the peg I have drawn last two times on Benneys

dirk

Site Supporter
Thank you Dave for organizing yet again a great Fur & Feather (y) Hopefully I'll get my revenge at Alders :unsure: Though Peter is the venue expert :)

Hot pork pie and mushy peas, what's that all about :D it's never a Northern thing, It must be a Dave thing :poop: :D

Dave rethink your recipe for the next one, as I don't think the guys at Alders taste buds have evolved for such gourmet delights yet :LOL:

Lovely to meet everyone again :)