Maggotdrowning Fur and Feather 2017 invitation

Breac

Originally posted by Grappenall 57

I'm going to see Deep Purple at the Manchester Arena, otherwise I MIGHT have been tempted to be pools fodder for this one
That takes me back, i was supposed to see them when they reformed to headline Knebworth about 30 years ago, still have not seen them i woke up the next morning under a transit and it was ours i do not know how i found the right one. The last thing i remembered was meatloaf and they were 4th from headline.

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter
Guys,

I'm travelling a long way to get to this shindig and because I don't fancy getting hypothermia in a tent I've booked one of the brick lodges for Friday/Saturday.

The lodge sleeps 3/4, so does anyone else want to stay over and share digs?

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Can I stay sat night Len
I will pay you for 2, but I can not make it till sat morning

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
30 Names down for this, looks like the weather might be on our side as well as a warm front is supposed to be moving across the country starting tomorrow, from West to East - that's jinxed it, 2 foot of snow by the weekend and iced over lakes lol [8D]

Checklist....

NAMES:

Dave (paid)
Peter (paid)
Norm (paid)
MOGZ (paid)
Mike Globe (paid)
georgie boy (paid)
paultyke (paid)
gcraven (paid)
bluesteve65 (paid)
gingert76 (paid)
Wise Owl (potd)
chappo (paid)
Neil (Achmed) Lawrence (paid)
Willy A (paid)
dumdum (paid)
Dirk (paid)
Uncle Knobhead (potd)
Steak (potd)
Malc P (paid)
Pauln (paid)
Len Wade (paid)
Dave Spence (paid)
Breac (paid)
Geoff P (paid)
legs230258 <chris line> (paid)
jononcb (paid)
Linda (potd)
ulladubulla (paid)
shogun969 (paid)
shogun969+1 (paid)

(29)

If anyone is a vegetarian please can they let me know

If anyone needs any advice how to get to Lindholme Lakes ask Steak [8D]

If anyone else wants to join us as a late entry let me know by tomorrow morning at the latest as I need to confirm numbers tomorrow

[:T]

Edit: Updated list

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
someone posted that there is a diversion in place, as i have only been there once and will rely on sat nav, can someone put up a pic of where the post is referring too as i have no idea and dont want to be driving around all day lol

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Originally posted by gingert76

someone posted that there is a diversion in place, as i have only been there once and will rely on sat nav, can someone put up a pic of where the post is referring too as i have no idea and dont want to be driving around all day lol

I am in a similar position, never seen the place and I don't have a sat nav. [:I][:I][:I]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'll sort something out tonight if I'm not beaten to it

norm

Google maps is not showing a problem going to Lindhome from the north

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
If you're getting off the m180, via Belton and Sandtoft, you can get through, there's a sign by the island near the Reindeer pub saying road closed EXCEPT for Lindholme lakes. Not sure if you're coming via Gainsborough and Misterton.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Final list...

NAMES:

Dave (paid)
Peter (paid)
Norm (paid)
MOGZ (paid)
Mike Globe (paid)
georgie boy (paid)
paultyke (paid)
gcraven (paid)
bluesteve65 (paid)
gingert76 (paid)
chappo (paid)
Neil (Achmed) Lawrence (paid)
Willy A (paid)
dumdum (paid)
Dirk (paid)
Steak (potd)
Malc P (paid)
Pauln (paid)
Len Wade (paid)
Dave Spence (paid)
Breac (paid)
Geoff P (paid)
legs230258 &lt;chris line&gt; (paid)
jononcb (paid)
Linda (potd)
ulladubulla (paid)
shogun969 (paid)
shogun969+1 (paid)

(27)

Any last minute names get in touch with me asap.

If coming from the M180 just head the usual route and ignore any diversion signs.

Don Farm West Carr, Epworth, Doncaster DN9 1LF (Look for the signs for Lindholme Lakes)

Google Maps: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Lindholme+Lakes+Country+Park/@53.5539577,-0.8929647,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4879033a3a9bb469:0xeab07f8d3ebd48c6!8m2!3d53.5539545!4d-0.890776

jononcb

I'm sure that Neil Grantham said on Facebook that the diversion doesn't apply at weekends anyway!!
Only in the week. ?!

Breac

I am setting off late tonight, driving overnight for a full practice Friday, i have checked their website and the bar only opens when required. I was looking forward to a couple of pints with other early arriving MDers, anyone know if the bar will be open???

genesis

Account Locked
Originally posted by Breac

I am setting off late tonight, driving overnight for a full practice Friday, i have checked their website and the bar only opens when required. I was looking forward to a couple of pints with other early arriving MDers, anyone know if the bar will be open???
The bar will not be open after about 6pm as it normally shuts after fishing. It only sells cans anyway. There is a pub back down the road that does good food but it is a taxi ride [:T]

dirk

Site Supporter
It looks like it'll have to be a couple of pints of tea Breac [;)]

I've decided to come up for a dabble on Friday afternoon. I'm Stopping in a premier inn next to a pub [:p]

I've wrapped up my raffle price, it's a framed picture of me [:D] Hope I win it [:p]

Looking forward to meeting new and old [:T]