Maggotdrowning.com take on some of the UK's finest

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It can be Mick, but also where the predominant wind blows makes a massive difference....
I hear what you say Mark but, not so much up here. A lot of our commercials are well established with trees around them now so we don't get that as much as we used to. Which is a good thing really. Makes for a fairer match. I'd say it was more features that hold the carp now on our commercials. They're a bit older these days. 😆😆

Total

Site Supporter
I hear what you say Mark but, not so much up here. A lot of our commercials are well established with trees around them now so we don't get that as much as we used to. Which is a good thing really. Makes for a fairer match. I'd say it was more features that hold the carp now on our commercials. They're a bit older these days. 😆😆

You've been fishing rivers too much Mick! :love: ;):ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Apparently these wafters were doing the damage on the producing pegs, I kid you not ...

20200821_201446.jpg

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You've been fishing rivers too much Mick! :love: ;):ROFLMAO:
😆😆 What ? You mean there's other types of fishing available ? I reckon I need help Mark. I've turned into a Barbel addict. I sit around at home now aimlessly looking in to the sky looking for that three foot twitch. 😆😆👍

Total

Site Supporter
😆😆 What ? You mean there's other types of fishing available ? I reckon I need help Mark. I've turned into a Barbel addict. I sit around at home now aimlessly looking in to the sky looking for that three foot twitch. 😆😆👍

Tee the Mrs off Mick,.... you'll soon see a 'three foot twitch':oops::giggle:

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
At one stage I thought I was going to be last in the match, let alone the lake, but perseverance pays off - that’s what I like about team matches, it would have been a waste of time in an open, but when there are points to be won, it’s easier to stick at it and not be wheel spinning out of the car park..... 😀

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Tee the Mrs off Mick,.... you'll soon see a 'three foot twitch':oops::giggle:
I've just come close Mark. She asked me to wash up while she put her chickens away and I forgot. I maybe the proud owner of twice as many rods in a minute. 😲😜😆

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just got in, knackered and wind beaten. I will sort my thoughts on the day tomorrow and bung some photo's up. :upthumb:

If I'm honest we got the result the pegs deserved. Despite Dave's enthusiasm for his peg on Oaks IMO there's 7 better pegs amongst the 12 that were always better and the 5 remaining pretty much no hopers. (PS, I've already offered him a profit on his Rive :p:ROFLMAO:)
Nickp69, chefster and Maersknoll all managed decent points and Kev's peg was another that nobody would have envied on the day and he knew he was taking one for the team from the off.

We will just dust ourselves off and go again.:upthumb:

Total

Site Supporter
Just got in, knackered and wind beaten. I will sort my thoughts on the day tomorrow and bung some photo's up. :upthumb:

If I'm honest we got the result the pegs deserved. Despite Dave's enthusiasm for his peg on Oaks IMO there's 7 better pegs amongst the 12 that were always better and the 5 remaining pretty much no hopers. (PS, I've already offered him a profit on his Rive :p:ROFLMAO:)
Nickp69, chefster and Maersknoll all managed decent points and Kev's peg was another that nobody would have envied on the day and he knew he was taking one for the team from the off.

A typical team match....A good effort from the top to the bottom....End of....:)(y)

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
There’s always next year. Bad luck Guys, but 2 bad scores on bad pegs is always an uphill struggle.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter

Great to meet you Peter 👍and the other lads ,and our illustrious leader, Dave,and including our bank runners @Boggis51 and @keith

Last edited: