Maggotdrowning.com take on some of the UK's finest

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trevor Price was in peg12 but I dont know what he weighed. I heard he managed to break a rod though.

All in all it was a tough peggy lake, the island pegs fished well, as did the dam wall pegs, the middle pegs either side seemed devoid of Carp and with the exception of Mr Roberts, it was Carp you needed on the day.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Carp needed?

Wrong team choice then,been off work today and could have emptied it with 3oz lead and PVA's ☺

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
The overall results...

View attachment 39933

Maggotdrowning came 10th overall.
Chris, Gary and Nick managed to stick to the team plan and get 6 points or less, unfortunately a couple of bad draws for myself and Kev cost us :(

Not to panic though, its the taking part that counts, all my tackle will be listed in the Classifieds shortly 👍;)

I’ll give you twenty quid for the Rive seat box 😘 £25 if you paint it orange 😂🤣

JayD

Never mind Dave, look on the bright side, at least your 'welding' stayed 'stuck' on it's first major test. (y) ;)

John.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
My report would read something like...

Spent the first hour down the margins looking for Carp and found none.
Bunged a load of pellets in the margins and then went out into open water looking for them, and found none.

Followed the same line for 3 hours on the method whilst feeding the margins and managed 3 Skimmers plus bounced two smaller ones off, the problem with using heavier tackle. Dropped into the margins for a few casts to see if any movement, no indications at all.
Found no Carp.

Back onto my margin line for the last hour, gave it up after 30minutes and went back on my method feeder lines chasing a few more skimmers, none to be found.

It was a struggle to be honest, but hey ho, that's match fishing.

Weather wise it was blowing a gale most of the day.
Tommy Pickering had a small tree blown over into his corner peg.

Darren Cox had a mare of a day but managed 110lb, he lost 26 Carp in the process.
Adam Rooney was pegged next to Darren (peg 9) and won the lake with 210lb ish.

The two of them were amazing to watch, the speed and accuracy of their long casts to the back of the island was amazing.

Joe Roberts was on peg 3 next to me and put 51lb of small Perch on the scales. They must have been 12 to the pound if not more
Lost 26 carp ? 😲 So, between Cox and Rooney it was solid then ? Has the owner been feeding the carp through the lockdown in that area do you know Dave ? I'd have said it was the wrong time of year for them to be shoaled up so tightly.

Total

Site Supporter
Lost 26 carp ? 😲 So, between Cox and Rooney it was solid then ? Has the owner been feeding the carp through the lockdown in that area do you know Dave ? I'd have said it was the wrong time of year for them to be shoaled up so tightly.

More likely where the regulars head to Mick, 'Islands etc' plenty of bait going in there.....

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Two lads on pegs 9 and 10 tonight for the weekend now

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
More likely where the regulars head to Mick, 'Islands etc' plenty of bait going in there.....
It's usually the first couple of pegs near the car park up here on our commercials Mark. Carp aren't daft are they ?