Maggotdrowning.com take on some of the UK's finest

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's just for chefster lol

I think Trevor is on the Oaks lake with me (fishing for the JJL team), not a problem, I took his scalp last year so two in a row and I'll leave him hairless :D

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The overall results...

20200821_171831.jpg

Maggotdrowning came 10th overall.
Chris, Gary and Nick managed to stick to the team plan and get 6 points or less, unfortunately a couple of bad draws for myself and Kev cost us :(

Not to panic though, its the taking part that counts, all my tackle will be listed in the Classifieds shortly ?;)

Total

Site Supporter
A valiant attempt Gentlemen... Very well done to all those fished and congratulations to the winners...:band:(y)

Last edited:

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Unlucky chaps. With Oaks being a bit of a specimen water, I would imagine it's quite a difficult lake to match fish. Completely different from Ash & Pines in the type of fish you're targetting?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
The overall results...

20200821_171831.jpg

Chris, Gary and Nick managed to stick to the team plan and get 6 points or less, unfortunately a couple of bad draws for myself and Kev cost us :(

Not to panic though, its the taking part that counts, all my tackle will be listed in the Classifieds shortly ?;)
A lot of it is in the draw, you can only catch whats in front of you . Hope you and the rest of the lads enjoyed your day . Have a pint ? and a bit of banter ? ?

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hard luck but well done on taking part ! Knock a zero off your position and you came 1st.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Rive box @Dave pm me, lol. Only joking very well done gents, so many of these events are draw orientated. There is always next year, was it a good day out did you have a laugh.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
The overall results...

20200821_171831.jpg

I will give you a dozen pork pies for your gear mate?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
My report would read something like...

Spent the first hour down the margins looking for Carp and found none.
Bunged a load of pellets in the margins and then went out into open water looking for them, and found none.

Followed the same line for 3 hours on the method whilst feeding the margins and managed 3 Skimmers plus bounced two smaller ones off, the problem with using heavier tackle. Dropped into the margins for a few casts to see if any movement, no indications at all.
Found no Carp.

Back onto my margin line for the last hour, gave it up after 30minutes and went back on my method feeder lines chasing a few more skimmers, none to be found.

It was a struggle to be honest, but hey ho, that's match fishing.

Weather wise it was blowing a gale most of the day.
Tommy Pickering had a small tree blown over into his corner peg.

Darren Cox had a mare of a day but managed 110lb, he lost 26 Carp in the process.
Adam Rooney was pegged next to Darren (peg 9) and won the lake with 210lb ish.

The two of them were amazing to watch, the speed and accuracy of their long casts to the back of the island was amazing.

Joe Roberts was on peg 3 next to me and put 51lb of small Perch on the scales. They must have been 12 to the pound if not more