Maggotdrowning.com take on some of the UK's finest

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Mick, you can just tell from that photo that he's a Carper at heart. :LOL: :LOL:
'Shoulders' is the largest recorded Carp residing in Oak Lake at around 41-42 lbs............

Jeez, whats that ball of muscle ? I can see where it gets its name from Peter. Can you imagine getting that on the pole ? It wouldnt know it was hooked. It would carry on feeding no doubt. What a lump. 😆 I'm not a big carp angler but, I can see why anglers target them. Shoulders makes my 24.5lb PB look like a tadpole. Thanks Peter. 👍

Blanks

Site Supporter
Long drive, against top opposition, not catching for the first hour and a half in a terrible wind, you fished really well and caught in the end. With the pressure of a team match and the site looking on I take my hat off to you, well done.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
"but thankfully, whilst I didn't cover myself in glory, I didn't have to sneak out with a blanket over me in shame. "

Do you want your blanket back now that I'm home :oops:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sophie (at Alders Farm) came up with a very valid point on Friday after the match - technically I won my lake and should have had only 1 point ....

The lake rules state that everyone fishing it must have a 'Carp Cradle' and a 'Carp Care Kit' - I was the only one with either, in fact I had both - so the other 11 anglers should have been disqualified for not adhering to the lake rules - I think she's right :D

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sophie (at Alders Farm) came up with a very valid point on Friday after the match - technically I won my lake and should have had only 1 point ....

The lake rules state that everyone fishing it must have a 'Carp Cradle' and a 'Carp Care Kit' - I was the only one with either, in fact I had both - so the other 11 anglers should have been disqualified for not adhering to the lake rules - I think she's right :D

You sound like a scarecrow pleasuring himself ............................. clutching at straws :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just to give people an idea of the conditions we faced, here's a speeded up 360 video....

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Watching that Dave has made me realise where I have been going wrong in matches.....

1) It takes me far too long to set up
2) I don't fish quickly enough........I blame the fish on this one.
3) Entering them in the first place.

:D

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Tough in that wind. As Tommy Pickering said....over 200lbs on the specimen lake is a brilliant performance.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Just watched Nick Speed out Youtube, looked like he was on Ash 22 or 23 ish. Certainly was a breezy day.