Maggotdrowning.com take on some of the UK's finest

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
It will stand you all in good stead for next year,fishing in great company, sounds like a great day.

Great effort, well done.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I could have done with a few of these lumps yesterday....

IMG-20200822-WA0005.jpg

19lb 4oz Common

Plus Shoulders came out of peg 10, the guy was casting across the lake into the trees....

20200822_145716.jpg

I heard them say 47lb with weigh sling :eek:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I could have done with a few of these lumps yesterday....

View attachment 40055

19lb 4oz Common

Plus Shoulders came out of peg 10, the guy was casting across the lake into the trees....

View attachment 40056

I heard them say 47lb with weigh sling :eek:
Good grief Dave, don't you ever smile ? Catches a 19lb 4oz common and as a face on him like someone's just eaten his breakfast. 😆 Is ' Shoulders ' a noted carp then ? 👍 Lovely looking fish. Well done

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good grief Dave, don't you ever smile ? Catches a 19lb 4oz common and as a face on him like someone's just eaten his breakfast. 😆 Is ' Shoulders ' a noted carp then ? 👍 Lovely looking fish. Well done
Mick, you can just tell from that photo that he's a Carper at heart. :LOL: :LOL:
'Shoulders' is the largest recorded Carp residing in Oak Lake at around 41-42 lbs............

Shoulders.jpg

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Great write up Chris. I mentioned it on a previous post but reading that seasoned match anglers like yourself can also struggle, gives hope to us lesser mortals. During our match, I remember @Godber who was pegged next to me & I think he only had three fish after three hours. He then started catching in the margins & finished 2nd with a great late rally. Although the place is stuffed with fish, it takes some working out & I'm dying for another crack at it.