Maggotdrowning.com take on some of the UK's finest anglers....

Added to Calendar: 27/09/19

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks everyone, it was a great experience to fish with, against and alongside some of the best and you dont appreciate how good these lads and lasses are until you see them in action.
The lad who was alongside me was casting up against a duck slide on the island, under an overhanging tree, at a range of 50m or so and dropping his feeder in an area the size of a large dinner plate most of the time.
Now bearing in mind we had a strong blustering cross wind that wouldnt have been amiss on the North Sea, it was something to watch.

Another angler had 53lb of small Perch, most no more than a couple of ounces apiece, again some brilliant skills.

I'm staying back today and fishing the Oak Lake on the opposite side to yesterday for a bit of pleasure dangling, no pressure, no rush, just a bit of fun

Report to follow later :)

Well done all and many thanks to all those who made it possible, our supporters and www.bobcotackle.co.uk

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I've just got back home to find that one of our cats has injured it's leg, so I'm off with her down the vets in a little bit.
On my return I'll get some pictures from the day downloaded and up on here and hopefully get a bit of a report sorted sometime Sunday. ;)

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
She's lightened my wallet by £75 but that might not be the end of it. Will know more in a few days. :(

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
6mm Bandem washed out wafter
They seemed to work better than pellet on the method

I fished peg 1 on Oak today, Simon Fry's peg on the JJL match, and got 11 Carp for aprox 73lb on the same tactics, but hard up against a duck slide,

Heres a beautiful Common 10lb 10oz...

20190928_144620.jpg

Had two more similar size and 8 smaller, all in perfect condition

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you've got access to Facebook, CatchMore Media's photos are available to view..

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
6mm Bandem washed out wafter
They seemed to work better than pellet on the method

I fished peg 1 on Oak today, Simon Fry's peg on the JJL match, and got 11 Carp for aprox 73lb on the same tactics, but hard up against a duck slide,

Heres a beautiful Common 10lb 10oz...

View attachment 21553

Had two more similar size and 8 smaller, all in perfect condition

Well done mate and well done the lads you didnt let us Down (y) i think all on yer with the Clean shave look might have gave the others the edge ;) a bit more Rough and ready next time maybe :LOL::LOL:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'll put the team photo up soon, we should have won the prize for the best dressed/turned out squad :D