Maggotdrowners

johng19

me@home.com
Has Brexit had an effect with maggotdrowners already, I seem to be having trouble accessing posts and opening pages on here.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Running a bit slow for me, especially those pages such as Post a Random Image which have memory-hungry content.
Glad I'm not the only one.

Dave needs to give that hamster a crack of the whip, get the wheel going faster?
:p

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I moved from the Abbot slow as F++k to the Boris Drive and left em behind. i open pages that im thinking about opening 2 mins before i remember what i was looking for ;)

Chervil

Site Supporter
Running a bit slow for me, especially those pages such as Post a Random Image which have memory-hungry content.
Glad I'm not the only one.

Dave needs to give that hamster a crack of the whip, get the wheel going faster?
:p
Sorry. However you can see the staffing problems Dave has gotten into.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There was a server system update earlier today which required an automatic reboot of the file server.
One of the services which supports the forum software didnt restart automatically, as it should have, but once I was made aware I took a few minutes out of my holiday (I was in a pub beer garden at the time, around 16:40) and arranged for our host tech support to restart it as I didnt have remote access to the server here; problem solved :D

johng19

me@home.com
There was a server system update earlier today which required an automatic reboot of the file server.
One of the services which supports the forum software didnt restart automatically, as it should have, but once I was made aware I took a few minutes out of my holiday (I was in a pub beer garden at the time, around 16:40) and arranged for our host tech support to restart it as I didnt have remote access to the server here; problem solved :D
Very nice man ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Got to keep the wheels turning John otherwise the country's productivity levels might increase:D

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The forum software is supported by server-side software and the issue we occasionally come across are conflicts when one upgrades and the upgraded version doesnt agree with remaining software.
It doesnt happen often but when it does its usually picked up on quite quickly.

Ive a few security updates to run this weekend but can do so remotely via the software but am not available atm should something go wrong.
I'll do these on Sunday whilst Coronation Street omnibus is on telly :D