Maggotdrowners Virtual Fishing Comp

Dusty

Good Evening all,

I had an idea for a bit of fun that we could all partake in and figured I would post it up and see how it got on.

The image below is a venue on Fishsim 2 - Bell Ponds - Depths here average between 7ft and 9ft throughout even in the margins. It contains a plethora of species including the following

Carp to 7lb 3oz
Crucian carp to 4lb+
Eels to 6lb
Goldfish to 5lb
Ide to 5lb
Roach and Rudd to 3lb
Tench to 7lb

Maggotdrowners match.png

How to play

The idea of this game is that those that wish to play along select the circled area they would like to fish, the tactics and bait they wish to use and how often they would like to loosefeed/recast during this time. I will fish for 10 minutes on the game using the tactics selected by each individual member in their designated fishing area and once the 10 minutes is over I will post the results for each individual angler below.

The rules

You may choose to fish the following methods

Waggler - a 3bb Waggler will be used as standard - please specify if you would like to fish on the deck or shallow. As standard I will set shallow rigs to 2ft deep.
Feeder - A choice of either a maggot feeder or groundbait feeder
Freelined bait - You can opt to freeline your bait with a bite indicator

The strength of line and hook choice is of your choosing. You can hair rig the bait if you so desire.

Bait
You are allowed to use one bait as hookbait during your 10 minute session, these are as follows

Maggot
Caster
Luncheon Meat
Sweetcorn
Worm (Dendrobaena)
Paste
6mm pellet

You can select the size/quantity of bait as well if you desire, I will use only single hookbaits as default unless you state otherwise however if you wish to use double maggot or double corn then please state this.

If using a ground bait feeder you can opt to use the following Groundbaits

Brown Crumb
White Crumb
Red Crumb

Feeding

Please select how often you would like to feed your desired swim, loose feed choice is the same as the hook bait choice above, you are allowed to feed a different bait to your hookbait if you wish.
To those using a feeder setup select how often you would like the bait to be re-cast during the 10 minute period.

An example
In the event the explanation of the game didn't make sense I will post below an example of what to ask for..

Area - Yellow Circle
Approach - Waggler
Mainline - 4lb
Hooklength - 3lb
Hook size - 16
Bait - Double maggot
Loosefeed - maggot
Groundbait - (Only if using feeder)
Feeding - every 20 seconds.

There will be no prizes unfortunately but there will be virtual pats on the back awarded for the following

Largest overall weight
Largest fish
Smallest fish
Most species

If you are interested in participating then please post below your desired setup and bait/feeding options. I will try get the fishing done at some point throughout the next few days/during the week and post the results as we go along.

Last edited:

ATTICUS FINCH

I will play
Waggler shallow on the yellow circle
Bait caster fed every twenty seconds with two on the hook size 16
3lb mainline
2lb hooklength

Dusty

Come on guys play along for a bit of fun. All you have to do is tell me your tactics and I’ll do the rest ?

Krh57

Site Supporter
Hiya Dusty, I’ll pitch in
Area red circle
3bb waggler
Depth two foot
6lb main 3lb h/l
Hook 18
Double maggot
Feed maggots every two mins

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
I'll go Black circle.
waggler shallow
4lb mainline
3lb hook link
18 hook
caster hook bait
feed caster
feed every 20 secs

Cheers Dusty

Dusty

Hiya Dusty, I’ll pitch in
Area red circle
3bb waggler
Depth two foot
6lb main 3lb h/l
Hook 18
Double maggot
Feed maggots every two mins

Nice one KRH, your match weight is as follows

Total weight - 21lb 14oz 13dr
Largest fish - Carp 2lb 12oz 15dr
Smallest - Tench 3oz 4 dr
Species - 7 in total including Crucian, Carp, Tench, Ide, Roach, Rudd, Goldfish

A good start to the match saw the first fish landed being the largest of the session in the shape of a 2lb 14oz carp which came to the net relatively easily at short range. Bites remained steady throughout although there was a noticeable increase in bites following feeding. A few tench were caught shallow including some larger specimens. The rudd can be finnicky here which resulted in a few missed bites but overall a very good weight.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Can I fish the black circle please? Waggler on the drop caster hook bait size 16 hook 4lb main line. 2.5lb hook lengths, feed every 30secs please

Dusty

Apologies @ATTICUS FINCH I did see that but forgot to remove my post after i'd asked the question.

@ATTICUS FINCH

Total weight - 7lb 6oz 3dr
Largest fish - 1lb 8oz 14dr Ide
Smallest Fish - 5oz 4 dr Crucian Carp
Total species - 4 - Crucians, Tench, Roach, Ide

A good start made fishing shallow with a tench of all fish coming first in just 2 feet of water. The action was steady for the first half of the math but towards the halfway point there was a bit of a lull in the action. This picked up at the end though with the last 2 minutes coming thick and fast and more fish coming to the net albeit a smaller stamp than we have seen previously. Atticus was unfortunate to miss a bite at the last second which would have been a roach around the 1lb mark.

@muggins
14 fish
Total weight - 15lb 1oz 2dr
Largest fish 2lb 12oz 15dr Tench
Smallest ish - 4oz 6 dr Roach
Total species - 5 - Tench, Roach, Ide, Crucians, Carp

A cracking start made to the match with a 2lb 12oz Tench coming to the net immediately following an initial barrage of casters over the waggler. The sport proved good but a much smaller stamp of fish made up the weight and there were many bites missed, possibly due to the distance at Muggins was fishing. There was a lull towards the middle of the match which has proved commonplace amongst those feeding more frequently. Muggins saw the float drift away in the last second which resulted in a 2lb carp as the whistle went, no doubt a welcome sight to add to his overall weight.

@Dusty Rhodes
Total weight 27lb 13oz
Largest fish - 3lb 9oz 6dr Tench
Smallest fish - 8oz 9dr Eel
Species - 8 in total - Eel, Roach, Rudd, Ide, Tench, Goldfish, Crucian, Carp

A hectic match throughout fishing paste to the yellow area in front of the lillies. Steady action towards the midway point before a large carp headed for the lillies and shed the hook, the system showed this would have been over 5lb. The next cast resulted in the largest fish of the day in the from of a 3lb 9oz Tench which had to be steered away from the lily pads. Surprisingly quite a few eels being caught on the Paste.

Dusty

Can I fish the black circle please? Waggler on the drop caster hook bait size 16 hook 4lb main line. 2.5lb hook lengths, feed every 30secs please

You can indeed mate.

I'm heading off to work shortly but keep the replies coming and this will no doubt keep me occupied over the next few days depending on the amount of replies.
Really enjoying doing this so far, if it takes off i'll do some more in the coming weeks for a bit of fun.

Cheers all

Dusty

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Go on then....

Area - Green Circle
Approach - Feeder
Mainline - 6lb
Hooklength - 3lb
Hook size - 12
Bait - Luncheon Meat
Loosefeed - Corn
Groundbait - Red Crumb
Feeding - every 5 minutes

Dusty

Go on then....

Area - Green Circle
Approach - Feeder
Mainline - 6lb
Hooklength - 3lb
Hook size - 12
Bait - Luncheon Meat
Loosefeed - Corn
Groundbait - Red Crumb

Sorry mate but you blanked, clearly this simulator is more realistic than first thought ?

Dusty

@Anglingman
Total fish 3
Total weight - 4lb 10oz 14dr
Largest fish - 2lb 9oz 2dr Tench
Smallest fish - 1lb 0oz 3dr eel
Number of species - 2 Eel @ Tench

A quite bizarre match which saw very few fish and bites. Despite fishing very similarly to others the fish never got going, only one or two bites missed in the match. The fish must have been elsewhere or feeding at a different depth.

Dusty

Go on then....

Area - Green Circle
Approach - Feeder
Mainline - 6lb
Hooklength - 3lb
Hook size - 12
Bait - Luncheon Meat
Loosefeed - Corn
Groundbait - Red Crumb

@Yuccaman
Genuinely couldn’t make this up, I’m not sure if the game has corrupted or something but as soon as I cast out now the game stops working and shuts down.
No idea what Is causing it ?