Maggotdrowners Festival 2013 - Lindholme Lakes

Nana

If everyone emails me their photos I will upload them to photo bucket as a group

Last edited:

silly socks

What a fantastic week!!!!

A great big thankyou to Gary and Tracy theyve done us all proud and thoroughly deserve there day with Speedy and much more in my eyes, Well done to you both.

Dont know where to start on an individual scale but i'd like to thankyou all for making my week so special. Made some great new mates this year that i didnt really get time to mix with last year (morrisey Davey, Bobby,Pauln,Nelly to name but a few). And got even closer with all my mates from last year, its been a great week roll on many more.

Pauln you fished like a legend and this year just proves that last year wasnt just luck and that your a very strong and consisent angler, well done fella. Ps if tha fancies the hat trick next year get on a diet you lump my backs killing from the leg un wing hahahaha.

Ian thanks for your usual great sense of humour and its great spending time like we do your a top mucka.

Worker1!!! youve started yet another fookin craze off" Wan#ered Wednesday", class act fella.
Big TG get on weights if tha fancies thee luck next year arm wrestling haha
Sir Len Class as always fella
Nelly (posh spice) great company shame about Saturdays relegation pal.
Juzzy wants 2 front teef for Xmas!!
Sam the Man your still w#nker of the week!!!
Tex. simply a legend.
Keef, next year leave thee tackle at home and bring some hiking boots they'll be more appropriate, Class act pal.
Tracy ya kinky ar#e spanker you!! haha
Lewy, tha ugly but class all the same, look after my Belstaff jacket brother.
If i havent mentioned you i do apologise i've had a ball, many thanks.

Big thanks to Bev,Neil and Aaron for making it as always a great week.

I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sam the man

Nathan, got a new pole will it make a great javelin when we meet again . got 2 long 4s. 2 short 4s for the 995 going on ebay .next week just letting you know .[?]

Rambo

Anybody that wants a copy of the final results, then just pm me your email address

Rambo

Anybody that wants a copy of the final results, then just pm me your email address

Mrs Rambo

Fantastic time at my first festival, loved every minute of it ...thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome an just like one of the boys. Looking forward to next year now and will be practicing hard so next time I can minx a few more ... Especially after our day with Speedy, thanks very much

Was very very chuffed at getting a second in section and bein 8th on the lake on Thursday my biggest weight yet ...

[:)]

dumdum

Thanks to all concerned for organising the festival [:)] special thanks to Gary, Ian and the Grantham family for sorting the week [:)]

Ill do my best to ring ya Nath lol, well some time before next yr [:)]

Cheers to all who fished! And ill try and do better next yr [;)]

Awesome week! Enjoyed every minute [:)]

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter
An absolutely brilliant week of drinking fishing with the best bunch of mates a man ever had. [:T]

Well done Rambo for the excellent organisation and result sheets. [:T]

Well done Mrs Rambo for some good weights and several "Minxings" [:T]

To my lodge-mate Nelly 500: sorry about the snoring mate, I'll bring you some ear-plugs next year.[:I] What's all this about you and "Posh Spice"? Did I miss something? [:D]

To Tony and Colin: I ejoyed your company as always lads, I just don't like the hours you keep.[:0]
PS. If that arm-wrestling video ever makes it onto U-tube, I'll take you both to court................ [;)]

To Pauln: A well-deserved win mate: you did your research, fished well and got stuck in. Respect. [:T]

To Nathan (Next peg on Oasis): "No fish down here in my swim Len, you're baggin 'em all...............[^]

Who put 160lb in the net? Not me! Lesson learned, never listen to a proper match angler on the next peg, especially one who leaves his bum-prints all over your french windows................ [:T] [:D]

To Nana and Lewy: thanks for all the good advice lads, it helped me no end. [:T]

To Texpert: Star of the show mate, you are a diamond. [:T]

Just a little aside: Tex broke his pole on Laurels, and Keith (Shallowman) lent him a spare. [:T] Anyway, its prize-giving on Friday evening and eventually Pauln comes up to collect his trophy as overall winner and once the clapping has died down Tex says:

"Paul, instead of getting chucked into into Bonsai, how would you like to jump into Laurels and find my lost sections?"

Priceless. [:D]

It was good to see Midge put in an appearance on Friday in spite of all his problems, and I'm sure we all did all we could to keep his spirits up.

Many thanks as always to Neil, Bev and Aaron for looking after us so well: I always get the impression that MD'ers are "The Chosen Few" at Lindholme, and long may it continue.

Loking forward to meeting you all again next year: same time, same place.

Bring it on! [:T] [:W]

Last edited:

lewea

Brilliant week and massive thanks to all!

Rambo, have we posted the results up as yet?

Lewy

Rambo

Lewea, nana has posted them in match results section [:T]

If you want a copy of results, pm me your email address

Juzzy

YORKSHIRE BAITS UK
Great week [:D]
welldone to Rambo and Nana for sorting thing [:T]

Thanks to Mrs Rambo for minxing me any chance of some lessons your've come on a long way [:T]

Welldone to the white Rasta PaulN for the win still think you need a hair cut for charity [;)]

great to meet up with everyone for a great weeks fun and fishing [:T]

Nathan and Col great moooooooney [:X]

Welldone to TEX for not coming last and winning some coin ....

see you all soon i hope [;)]

P.s what tastes like skittles [:T][:T][:T] lol[:D][:D]

Last edited:

lewea

I've written up the week on the blog, here you go...

Day 1 - http://lewylewylewy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/maggotdrowning-lindholme-lakes-29th.html
Day 2 - http://lewylewylewy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/maggotdrowning-lindholme-lakes-30th.html
Day 3 - http://lewylewylewy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/maggotdrowning-lindholme-lakes-1st-may.html
Day 4 - http://lewylewylewy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/maggotdrowning-lindholme-lakes-2nd-may.html
Day 5 - http://lewylewylewy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/maggotdrowning-lindholme-lakes-3rd-may.html

Cheers
Lewy

pole addict

Pauln,

How about you listing your tactics and baits for your 5 days?

Might be useful to plenty of us numptys. [:T]