Maggot Drowners Complete Guide to Angling

rudd

Site Supporter
In absolutely no circumstances can you wear any other clothing other than green, brown or camouflage when Carp fishing, bright match type cloths are banned - only those (1000's) sponsored by Korda may wear black as you are all fishing ninjas and we all bow to you! ?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Don’t use dedicated keepnet stinkbags when a rubble sack will do .....,don’t waste money on a fish counter, when you can use clothes pegs,....don’t bother with dedicated pole pots, when you can make you’re own with aerosol can lids ,.......don’t waste money on seat boxes, when you can sit on an upturned bucket.....don’t waste money on tackle/feeder /bait boxes when old Tupperware tubs will do ......don’t waste money on proper dedicated winter clothing, when you can use a tramps old clothes....the list is endless on this forum ??

My apologies for forgetting to post this reply earlier

oor-wullie-meet-wullie.png

No, not Chefster on a bucket - Oor Wullie

rudd

Site Supporter
Sat on neils feeder rest ?
Handy things buckets - not the modern light weight flimsy things - I mean good old sensas and the like old school heavy duty ones.
Temporary seat, table, rest for rods, mix groundbait in them, store stuff in them (maggot riddling kit) - you can even carry things in them! ? The mind boggles.

Mind you - do not use any other make of ground bait in a bucket or bowl bearing another manufacturers name.
If you do it will instantly go sour.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Never ask me about catching barbel on pellets/maggots/casters/boilies as I will tell you MEAT... preferably garlic meat because that's all barbel eat, ??

lp1886

Site Supporter
Don’t use keepnets, or fish matches, as they’re a breeding ground for Covid.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Never tell her your real name, tell her you're going for a post coital pee and do a runner.
Just leave before she sobers up and make sure you give her Labrador a treat before you go😘

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
If you cannot afford a £2000 seatbox, post that anyone who buys such a thing must be stupid and have more money than sense.

Never post that you are in receipt of a government grant, that you don't actually need, and ask for advice on which flagship pole to spend it on.

JRW

Site Supporter
Some of these rules are just silly and I'm not having it. And the ones about Brolly's -- WTF do they mean -- Are they illegal?

TimFB

You must use the latest branded eye wateringly expensive camouflaged whizzo technically advanced mono even tho it looks just like Bayer Perlon used to....otherwise with out it you’ll clearly not be able to sink your line in the correct manner and will catch nothing...

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Don't ask the forum for advice until you've already bought said item of tackle for £200 :whistle:

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Never post that you are in receipt of a government grant, that you don't actually need, and ask for advice on which flagship pole to spend it on.

The gentleman that posted that tried to have a little pop at me on another thread, I again offered to pop round and do some chores to increase my personal wealth, but for some reason he has not gotten back to me. I don't react to much but that really got me 🤬