Maggot Drowners Complete Guide to Angling

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Dont buy all your fishing equipment online then wander into a busy fishing tackle shop expecting them to explain how to use in detail, the mostly unsuitable junk you have mistakenly purchased.

rudd

Site Supporter
Always get involved in other countries politics and give the said country an inherent blasting even though the subject matter has nothing to do with you and will have no effect on your life.?

rudd

Site Supporter
Always get involved in other countries politics and give the said country an inherent blasting even though the subject matter has nothing to do with you and will have no effect on your life.?
Post political threads in the fishing section at every given opportunity! ??

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
When asking a question about specific elastic for a specific purpose, be prepared to expect answers between 4-20,solid,hollow,slik,every manufacturer .....and a hundred different products from NG ??
Clarity is everything you know.?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Never erect a bivvy or a day shelter on any water other than a Carp syndicate as you are then obviously a Carp angler and your 14m pole is just a very long Carp rod.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
...there’s clearly a need for a different rod for every kind of fishing or species of fish. It is totally impossible to catch a tench whilst using a feeder on an Avon rod whilst targeting roach on a commercial carp water...
All rods must be at least seventeen feet long in this day and age!

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Accept the fact that some people will never read the original post and reply in the way it was intended. ??

I did read it and also understood how it was intended. Granted, my reply probably read more serious than necessary for the nature of the thread, fair play. As a base and almost unwritten rule, i doesn't hurt to put a reminder out there occasionally i felt.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Never tell her your real name, tell her you're going for a post coital pee and do a runner.

Silver fan 82

Don’t use dedicated keepnet stinkbags when a rubble sack will do .....,don’t waste money on a fish counter, when you can use clothes pegs,....don’t bother with dedicated pole pots, when you can make you’re own with aerosol can lids ,.......don’t waste money on seat boxes, when you can sit on an upturned bucket.....don’t waste money on tackle/feeder /bait boxes when old Tupperware tubs will do ......don’t waste money on proper dedicated winter clothing, when you can use a tramps old clothes....the list is endless on this forum ??
I think you ticked all the boxes there mate! ?

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Always fish the furthest peg away from the car park when fishing a river so that:.

A) As a badge of honour you can inform people that you fished the furthest peg away from the car park

B) You can fish a peg where all the fish are as they know it's the furthest peg away from the car park.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
There is no need to use a Carp mat for any other species other than Carp as it is called a Carp mat for a reason.
Even though Carp are the most hardy of our fish other species are immune to damage from dry banks and sharp objects.