Maggot availability

gt18

Hi all,
Anyone know the state of maggot availability now the commercials have reopened?? Mainly commercials in North Yorkshire area.. Sessay, Forest Lane, Woodlands, etc?
just wondering if its best to order online beforehand?? For those who have been to any of these and surrounding venues this week, are they really busy??
was thinking going next week sometime...
Any advice appreciated??

GT :)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Although not your area Invicta angling are having a maggot delivery next Tuesday, just saying.

sampower

Don’t know about your area, but the fisheries in North West that normally stock still have them. I’ve just got 10 pints today for my bait fridge.. think the farms have carried on, keeping in mind they’re used for feed for farms etc anyway so always a demand

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Not one maggot to be had here, tackle shop due to open June 1st if it opens at all. It's up for sale.

Keith Sparky

Don’t know about your area, but the fisheries in North West that normally stock still have them. I’ve just got 10 pints today for my bait fridge.. think the farms have carried on, keeping in mind they’re used for feed for farms etc anyway so always a demand
10 pints.....is this our version of panic buying:D

jononcb

Shops in the East Midlands do have maggots in stock although my local maggot farm at Hucknall is struggling to keep up with the sudden demand again after not selling bait for nearly 2 months.
Mill tackle and Nathan's and Matchman supplies are doing a click and collect bait service.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Ours only had frozen ones, got a couple of pints for tomorrow for me and the youngest

Pedro2504

Site Supporter
Mitre Angling Centre, Shipton Road, York, taking telephone orders for maggots etc. Social Distancing in operation, pay at the door with card on collection. Really lovely young couple own it, who are ever so knowledgeable and friendly. Got mine ordered for next week, thought I’d leave it til the commotion dies down a bit.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Hi all,
Anyone know the state of maggot availability now the commercials have reopened?? Mainly commercials in North Yorkshire area.. Sessay, Forest Lane, Woodlands, etc?
just wondering if its best to order online beforehand?? For those who have been to any of these and surrounding venues this week, are they really busy??
was thinking going next week sometime...
Any advice appreciated??

GT :)
They had maggot today at Sessay apparently there were only about 50 on yesterday and I should say not much more today, cedar had the most pegs taken with pegs 38 to 50 having anglers every 3 to 4 pegs.
Woodlands was apparently very busy yesterday