Made up rod case

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I, normally, never leave my rods made up but I recently bought a 7ft jig rod that I want to leave in the back of the car. I have done a quick trawl on the internet, for a made up rod carrier but the choice is totally bewildering. Can anyone recommend a cheap hold-all to carry a single 7ft (2 piece) complete with a shimano 3000. Many thanks in anticipation fellas.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I, normally, never leave my rods made up but I recently bought a 7ft jig rod that I want to leave in the back of the car. I have done a quick trawl on the internet, for a made up rod carrier but the choice is totally bewildering. Can anyone recommend a cheap hold-all to carry a single 7ft (2 piece) complete with a shimano 3000. Many thanks in anticipation fellas.

Drennan Slimline Single Rod Hardcase​

Drennan Slimline Single Rod Hardcase

Last edited by a moderator:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
The smaller Drennan my be good ,i have the larger single and found it good value , not tested it in the rain but is well made . Theyre not in stock at AD but im sure they will be elsewhere

qtaran111

Site Supporter
Another vote here for the Greys Prowla. Although they are a soft sleeve they are incredibly well made, very thick heavy duty material, handle, zips etc. I bought one recently for my 9ft and was surprised how tough it is. They do a 7ft version too. Great product, terrible name lol.