MACKEREL FISHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB

I WAS SEA FISHING IN KINTYRE,WHEN I HAD THE GOOD FORTUNE OF RUNNING IN TO A MASSIVE SHOAL OF MACKEREL,I QUICKLY PUT ON A 6 FEATHER TRACE,AND CAST OUT EXCPECTING A GUARANTEED CATCH.
TO MY SURPRISE I CAUGHT ZERO,A LOCAL FISHERMAN APPROCHED ME AND SAID YOU WONT CATCH THESE FISH AS THEY ARE NOT FEEDING,HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAD THIS STRANGE EXPERIENCE[?][:0]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I thought Mackeral always fed as they are also opportunist as well, hmmm

anyway, welcome aboard Bob [:)]

Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hiya Bob, sorry not into sea fishing,

all i can say is they must be KINMACKEREL in KINTYRE, [:D][:D][:D]

teepee.

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello bob

yeah i have had it happen once,twice maybe.

it usually takes running into a big shoal of sprat cruising about(or something similar) to turn on a big shoal of mackerel to feeding mode, if there are no sprats about then they might only be inclined to snap at feathers ocassionally,or not at all.

its usually a big shoal in a feeding frenzy that will give you several fish a cast

welcome and good luck
ADAM

http://groups.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

norm

teepee
in future can you only answer sensibly please as you are getting out of hand and i can not put up with it any more

i coming to get ya teeeeppeeeeeeee

fishing_mad

i am a sea fisherman and if you want to catcch mackrel use sandeel and the once youve caught on use it as bait mackeral feathers through my experience are better for boat fishing and i usually cath codling and coalfish on them

Status
Not open for further replies.