Mackeral Fishing Near Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

mart123blue

life member
Site Supporter
I fancy going Mackeral fishing on Bank Holiday Monday.

I am going to take the girlfriend and her mum out with me so don't want anything to extreme. Does anyone know any decent spots. Can either use a spinner/spoon, or lead and feathers but would prefer to spin.

Am hoping to barbecue them afterwards - am I hoping for too much??

Cedric

Try Brighton Marina, you could send the girlies off to the shops while you get on with the serious fishing on the piers. Check their website.

norm

eh

at least 2 month before we see any signs of them up here

mart123blue

life member
Site Supporter
That's the thing Cedric, I had thought of Brighton Marina, but wondered if there was anywhere else.

Also not sure if they are showing yet - am i being a bit premature?

Need some advice of someone who actually fishes down there don't want to embarrass myself by blanking and letting the ladies go hungry.

No points for any pointing out of innuendo[;)]

Thom

mart your about 2 months too early. infact where you are your only about a month early. if you want mackeral your going to have to venture out onto the boats im afraid. but thats highly reccomended!

nick_gilbert

NG Floats, Elastic
Site Supporter
I used to catch Mackrel off of the Dover Pier in late May if the weather was right, so I would guess they are around the Brigton area too.

mangrojack

you could just go too the supermarket they will have plenty of mackeral lol.

then take it with you and pretend you caught it lol

Bill G

Grandad
looking at the weather for the weekend id forget it all together if i was you

mart123blue

life member
Site Supporter
I just wanted to have a couple of hours fun with a spinning rod. The problem with the boats is the tackle is so heavy there is no sport to it for me.

Never mind, guess it will be a trip round the lanes for me [:)]

rockster

jamie
Mackeral are starting to show on the south coast to shore anglers

nothing much from the boats at the moment though.

Last edited:

Cedric

Just lifted this from :

http://www.brightonmarina-seafishing.co.uk/recent%20catches.htm

18th May2007
This week has been windy again with the west arm closed for at least half of the week. It has been open for a few hours each day but then it has had to be shut as the wind got stronger. The sea is semi clear on the top of the tide and fairly dirty afterwards.
Not many people have fished but there are a few Mackerel on the top of the tide on the west.
There has been the odd Schoolie caught ,I had one on Weds, west arm, on Mackerel strip down the wall going about a pound.
Besides Bullheads and Spider crabs there is nothing much else to report .
Please note that the east arm will be closed all day for fishing on Sunday 27th May due to the fireworks display for that evening. The west arm will be open as normal but in the evening the middle section will be closed in case of fall out from the fireworks.

Last edited:

Thom

Originally posted by mart123blue

I just wanted to have a couple of hours fun with a spinning rod. The problem with the boats is the tackle is so heavy there is no sport to it for me.

Never mind, guess it will be a trip round the lanes for me [:)]

if you use light gear there is plenty of sport.

mart123blue

life member
Site Supporter
Thanks Cedric, I have just spoken to Dave at the tackle box on the marina. Apparently they have had Mackeral there for 2 months, but he said to phone up to check the weather, as I will need clear seas to spin for the Mackeral.

Just checked the weather forecast and it is rubbish for the whole weekend. Just my luck, anyway I will ring him just in case.

Thanks again[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.